Question Casting from Alienware Laptop to 43inch TV with Noticeable frame stutter

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022
Hi. I have a Alienware M15 R1 OLED Laptop with Specs:
i7 8750H with Intel UHD 630 (iGPU)
RTX 2070 Max-Q
16GB 2667Mhz RAM
2x storage drives: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 250GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus
Killer AC Wireless 1550 with Ethernet Support

I have attempted casting via HDMI 2.0 (4K Supported) cable to my 43inch TV (Samsung AU7100) however whilst the frames that are delivered to my TV aren't "all over the place" I do notice that it gets quite noticeable frame stutter when both my laptop is with its screen on or off (casting Rocket League to my TV on relatively high graphics settings). When I simply use my laptop screen though it easily delivers a smooth 180fps - 210fps?
Laptop link here
Any solutions?

Lutfij

Titan
You could try and see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending. The next thing to check is to see if your OS is pending an update as well. The last thing you could try, IMHO, is to uninstall your GPU drivers(DDU), then manually reinstall with latest from Nvidia's support site.

Hi. I have a Alienware M15 R1 OLED Laptop with Specs:
i7 8750H with Intel UHD 630 (iGPU)
RTX 2070 Max-Q
16GB 2667Mhz RAM
2x storage drives: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 250GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus
Killer AC Wireless 1550 with Ethernet Support

I have attempted casting via HDMI 2.0 (4K Supported) cable to my 43inch TV (Samsung AU7100) however whilst the frames that are delivered to my TV aren't "all over the place" I do notice that it gets quite noticeable frame stutter when both my laptop is with its screen on or off (casting Rocket League to my TV on relatively high graphics settings). When I simply use my laptop screen though it easily delivers a smooth 180fps - 210fps?
Laptop link here
Any solutions?

TVs have a higher refresh rate and input lag than monitors built for computers. That would cause image issues in gaming.