Cataclysm Launch Date, DC Universe Online Late

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrillhaus

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
[citation][nom]graham_71[/nom]Please Note: World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm requires World Of Warcraft, The Burning Crusade and Wrath Of The Lich King to playhttp://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/11 [...] oduct.htmlWould be ok if it were stand alown, but to need all 3 previous titles, come on...[/citation]
You don't need the expansions if you're just starting out in the game within a few restrictions..

G

[citation][nom]thrillhaus[/nom]You don't need the expansions if you're just starting out in the game within a few restrictions..[/citation]

Eh, I'm pretty sure you need vanilla and the first two expansions to play the third expansion.

kazandar

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]gnookergi[/nom]Eh, I'm pretty sure you need vanilla and the first two expansions to play the third expansion.[/citation]

Thats only partially true, you need the first to expansions to move though the levels between 60-80 but blizz has already stated the cataclysm is going to happen regardless of if you buy the expansion or not. So you still get all the recreated low level content regardless if you only have vanilla.

G

LOL

Thx .. I play on private servers. no blizzard crap to put up with.
The private servers are by fare more enjoyable. and free.. what cna be better.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
Private servers are fun, but not everything works usually. Yeah, they're free, but you get what you pay for. Just ask those running arcemu on a Windows system about collision support. Retail WoW is only $13/mo if you prepay for six months. My WoW folder is only 18gb, but I don't have any addons.

While I love the DCU and hell Superman/Batman: Apocalypse was great, I don't trust Sony to deliver unless DC keeps a strong hand in it.

Plus I hate subscriptions.

Guess its only Batamn: Arkham City for me this year....

Fokissed

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
[citation][nom]kingssman[/nom]I just wonder if Cataclysm is gonna break the 30GB mark for my PC. The 3 expansions already come close[/citation]
Wrath takes under 15gb for me.
Edit: 16.6GB with the latest patch.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
grr i hope my amd64 socket 754 3500+ can handle it >_<

was hopign to wait till buldozer and sandy bridge to be out to determine my next build but might have to boost the timetable up a bit pending cata specs

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
"Cataclysm includes the best content we've ever created for World of Warcraft,"

This should read "re-created". The game is getting boring enough without having to go back to the old world and do deadmines again... ugh.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
I cannot wait, must gear up as much as possible!!! This is going to be awesome. Only down fall is i work at UPS and thats the first week of peak season ehhhh going to have to call in sick for a few days or weeks... mmmm =D

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
The expansion looks really great. My friends, kids, and I are all looking forward to it. The problem now is that we are all in that limbo between annoucement of the launch date, and the launch. Other than some casual play, there's not a lot to do now. No reason to be doing ICC raids since all of that gear will become second-rate in the new expansion. Same thing with Arena gear. The honor cap is 75K, and I'm already there. About the only thing to do is farm and stockpile gold until the release. Or maybe raise an alt... then again, I want a Goblin! :)

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]graham_71[/nom]Please Note: World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm requires World Of Warcraft, The Burning Crusade and Wrath Of The Lich King to playhttp://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/11 [...] oduct.htmlWould be ok if it were stand alown, but to need all 3 previous titles, come on...[/citation]

Vanilla and TBC are now $19.99 and include a free month of gameplay each, WotLK is probably still $39 (though it'll go down rather quickly after Cataclysm launches) and also includes 1 free month. All MMO's are the same way, in order to play the latest content, you have to buy all of the expansions. However, as someone else said, you can go 1-60 with just the original "vanilla" WoW and it will include the re-vamped world and leveling experience.

G

Is this a story line based game, or a game where you could do multi missions at a time?

I love the story line games the best!

mhughes81

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
The wife and I reserved our copies awhile back. Based on my experience on the PTR with the new talent trees (4.0.1. patch), casters have an upper hand right now, one reason is due to ArP being removed from the game. I'm sure it will eventually get balanced out, but as it sits currently....I'm leveling my casters to 85 first. I really do hope that Blizz will get melee classes ironed out before the expansion drops though.

nightwraith35711

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]Is this a story line based game, or a game where you could do multi missions at a time?I love the story line games the best![/citation]
For WoW, there are quests you can do, of which you can have 20 at a time (iirc) but you can abandon them and get new ones at any time, so you aren't stuck with the lvl 1 quest you never did after it becomes useless (50 xp! I only need 49,950 more to level!). Story comes and goes. Most of the lower level stuff has approximately nil from the main story. sure the quests have a reason, but it doesn't really matter outside of the quest itself.

Fokissed

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]Is this a story line based game, or a game where you could do multi missions at a time?I love the story line games the best![/citation]
You can have up to 25 quests at a time, and most quests chain into several other quests, each with their own storyline. Some quest chains can be very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.