Catalyst 10.3/GeForce 197.13 Now WHQL Certified

Status
Not open for further replies.

XD_dued

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
I'm glad nvidia improved performance on old games....

...hmmm they also look like common benchmark games...is nvidia trying to do something?

...nah :)

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]HansVonOhain[/nom]Thanks nVidia. Now the older games play much much better. Cheers![/citation]

o_O it says "UP TO". chances are you could get 1% which may be as little as 1/2 an fps.

loud_sounds

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
I'm still looking forward to some 2D performance boost with ATI cards (based on the Tomshardware articles a month or two ago) as I'm a heavy CAD user.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
How do they get these "up to" numbers? If you think of the possible distribution of increases as kind of the right half of a bell curve, then the very high end tail of the bell curve, which represents about 6 people, are getting these extreme performance gains.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
I think NVIDIA might have some shares in Tom's. Hell, they showed box's of a video card called "FERMI". ATI's 5000 series never got this much attention. ANd ATI was the first card to support DX11. What gives Tom? You guys on the NVIDIA pay roll or what????

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Looks like an attempt to optimize the drivers to win a benchmarking contest, Can Tom's use other Games than those listed to run the comparison? Yes they can. Will they? Answers on a Postcard........

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]Why did you post all the good info on nVidia and for the ATI part just provided a link? Hmmm! This is suspicious![/citation]
There's nothing suspicious going on here. I've pasted the massive list again at your request and re-arranged it so that ATI is on top in hopes of quelling your suspicions. I hope this helps! :sarcastic:
[citation][nom]ern88[/nom]I think NVIDIA might have some shares in Tom's. Hell, they showed box's of a video card called "FERMI". ATI's 5000 series never got this much attention. ANd ATI was the first card to support DX11. What gives Tom? You guys on the NVIDIA pay roll or what????[/citation]
Nope, we're all on Bestofmedia's payroll.

G

New catalyst drivers - Grey screen of death still happening. Thanks ATI driver team for doing such a great job /golfclap.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
[citation][nom]madass[/nom]How come the ATI 4800's get single digit boosts whereas all the NV cards get 13%? Something smells fishy....[/citation]

Conspiracy Theory much? Notice it says "Up to" in front of ALL of the Nvidia gains. Whereas the ATI ones are just "x%".

I would personally like to see maybe a 10% boost in BF:BC2 from Nvidia or DICE whichever is able to do it actually.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
Payroll schmayroll. Tom's has always given more shine to NVidia. It's probably down to the writers being NVidia fanboys, but who cares? - They have still always given me enough information to buy ATI products in an informed way. Anyway.. At the moment NVidia can do with some shine. It's not looking all that hot, which is good for the industry ATi should never become complacent. And once they bring out something faster the price wars will start - Which is good for the consumer. And then a year or so later ATI will once again come out with a few shockingly good cards which kick the pants of NVidia for the next 1.5 years or so value wise, etc, etc. Once you've been watching the game for a while the patterns become obvious.

My money is on NVIdia being completely out of the PC graphics market in a few years time and totally into server solutions. I say this mainly because I do not think NVidia will survive fusion if they do not adapt. Like it or not fusion is going to kick the pants off what is available today.

One must never forget that one of the primary CPU manufacturers in the world did not merge with one of the primary GPU manufacturers in the world just because they liked each other. Fusion is logical and AMD and ATI were the only companies who moved towards it. At great pains I might add.

G

"Conspiracy Theory much? Notice it says "Up to" in front of ALL of the Nvidia gains. Whereas the ATI ones are just "x%". "

Wrong - read again - all the ATI ones also say "up to"

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]Marcus Yam[/nom]There's nothing suspicious going on here. I've pasted the massive list again at your request and re-arranged it so that ATI is on top in hopes of quelling your suspicions. I hope this helps! Nope, we're all on Bestofmedia's payroll.[/citation]
LMFAO! I love it when the author's get in here and dish it out as well with sarcasm! Good stuff Marcus!

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]XD_dued[/nom]I'm glad nvidia improved performance on old games....
...hmmm they also look like common benchmark games...is nvidia trying to do something?
...nah[/citation]
Wow, a bunch of dumbasses. Have you not noticed Crysis: Warhead, H.A.W.X. and Left 4 Dead are also on AMD/ATI's list? And you got +8 votes?

Are the fan boys so blinded that they no longer think for themselves. All they do is repeating AMD/ATI’s PR statements.

ninfanlink

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
lol your right, Nvidia is improving old games but ati didnt? So Call of Duty: World at War, Crysis and Crysis Warhead, Devil May Cry 4, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and farcry 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. – Clear Sky are new right?

LouieIV

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010

Because if you benchmark 5 different systems you'll get 5 different variations of improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.