Catalyst 3.8

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Emmortal

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
I just got off the phone with ATI support, their solution: Check for AGP updates for my motherboard chipset... or wait till god knows when (no eta at this time) for them to release a certified driver for Maya. Since there are no AGP updates for my motherboard, I guess I'm stuck with a 800$ card that performs as well as my Nvidia Quadro 4 did.

Emmortal

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
LCD's look alot better then CRT's. I mean by how they look there not big and bulky yet small and slim. Makes my system look more modern. Its all about Fashion notice Case Modding to make a civic look like a Acura.

Also: I have my LCD on my wall saves me the space which i need.

-------
<font color=red>Offical Bad Guy of THGC</font color=red>

Emmortal

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
The funny thing is there is no Acura, Lexus or Infinity or whatever in Japan. Those companies only exist for American marketing. Yes they are slightly better cars with a bit more luxory, but they are all just Hondas, Toyatas and Nissans in Japan.

Emmortal

Actually this is a pretty big upgrade (although maily Control panel stuff) so I MAY take a little longer to get the OMEGAs.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Are you from, or do you live in Japan?

You're partially right. There are far less Acuras, Lexus', and Infinitys in Japan, only the rich have them. Most people there don't even own cars, there's not much of a need to. But keep in mind that Honda, Hyundai, and Toyota make alot more cars that they DON'T sell in the US! They're not labled Acuras, Infinities, Lexus', etc., they're just Toyotas, or Hyundai, or Honda or whatever. But they have some BIG, LUXURIOUS, and TOTALLY PIMP Toyotas and Hyundais over there dude, that we can't even buy (unless we import them).

Japan rocks.

Stop asking people "whats up" or "hows it goin", you know you don't give a sh*t. And noone cares how you're doing either.

"We are far less than we knew." - Bright Eyes

eden

Champion
Just a small correction: Hyundai is Korean. I don't think they cater to Japan first.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol:

cdpage

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2001
Hyundai is the world largest company, the make everything...not only do they make everything,... they make everything make everything with.

ASUS P4S8X - P4 2.4B - 2 x 512M DDR333 - ATI 9500 Pro(Sapphire) - WD 80G HD (8M Buffer) - SAMSUNG SV0844D 8G HD - LG 16X DVD - Yamaha F1 CDRW - Iomega Zip 250 int.

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Hyundai OWNZ!!!

I saw something on the learning channel (or maybe it was the discovery channel) about them. They make ships too! Huge cargo ships, they make the best:) I would buy one.

Stop asking people "whats up" or "hows it goin", you know you don't give a sh*t. And noone cares how you're doing either.

FallOutBoyTonto

Distinguished
May 6, 2003
What about Kia?

<A HREF="http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/10/03/chretienpot031001" target="_new">"I will have my money for my fine and a joint in the other hand." - Prime Minister Jean Chrétien</A>

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Since I've been here, I've seen several threads lead into discussions about cars in the Graphics Section. I think there's more talk about cars here than there are in the "Other" & "CPU" sections. Maybe if your lucky, Your Ferarri will be bundled with a Volari.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
HAHA FUNNY! ...

U think the Ferrari will have 2 engines?

U think the Ferrari will have awesomera cing performance?
(refer to post about XGI's screw up!)

eden

Champion
Wow, someone who likes Hyundai too!

They have improved over the years, for sure.
We have a Sonata 2002, lovely car in the aesthetics and inside features for its price. And it's fun driving in such sedan that tries luxury for size sometimes! :wink:

Though I'd love to have a Tiburon.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol:

cdpage

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2001
U think the Ferrari will have 2 engines?
ROFL!!!

ASUS P4S8X - P4 2.4B - 2 x 512M DDR333 - ATI 9500 Pro(Sapphire) - WD 80G HD (8M Buffer) - SAMSUNG SV0844D 8G HD - LG 16X DVD - Yamaha F1 CDRW - Iomega Zip 250 int.

cdpage

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2001
Buddy of mine just picked up the new tiberon... nice car...i don't think i'd buy a Hyundai, however i might consider that one, as it has a german engine in it... as far as i understand. i could be wrong...

But the insurance on those things are off side, the car is less the 30,000 CAN (he has the SE, loaded, and it came to $28,000 CAN) his insurance is $400+ /mth

unreal!

eden

Champion
They are insanely low priced compared to competition man.
But why does he have usch an insurance price? That's a bit steep and not very usual.

--

cdpage

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2001
well he has a speeding ticket so that ups it some and he is under 25 so thats a bit more.

but i think its mostly becasue it is or was the most stolen car on the market for a time.