[SOLVED] CB Radio Pa System

Nov 16, 2018
Hey everyone!

I recently purchased a Uniden PRO5050XL CB Radio for my 2009 honda civic

One of the reasons i purchased it was to set up a PA system, i had previous experience with a cheap Chinese $20 speaker and mic combo, but the microphone was pitiful, on the other hand the speaker itself wasn't half bad. And for the $20 combo i couldn't find a 100W speaker by itself for that

What i'm getting to here is i want to try to use this cheap PA speaker with my CB's PA system, unfortunately i'm unable to get it working, the cb outputs through a 1/8 3.5mm mono audio jack and the cheap chinese speaker uses a cat5.
I tried hooking the speaker up to my power supply on the bench and using alligator clips to see if i can get anything to come out and have been very unsuccessful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
I found a solution, on the speaker portion solder the green and black wires together.
then you will need to sacrafice an old pair of headphones or something with a 3.5 mm jack on it, solder the ground and negative leads together, then connect the ground and negative to the red wire on the speaker, then finally connect the positive on the headphone wire to the yellow on the speaker
Nov 16, 2018
I found a solution, on the speaker portion solder the green and black wires together.
then you will need to sacrafice an old pair of headphones or something with a 3.5 mm jack on it, solder the ground and negative leads together, then connect the ground and negative to the red wire on the speaker, then finally connect the positive on the headphone wire to the yellow on the speaker

Solution