CCP Games To Test Free-To-Play Option For 'EVE Online,' With Clone States

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsyaNyde

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2016
This will not bring veterans back @ all, what would be the point? all our existing chars are highly skilled with a plethora of existing ships. All this is good for is new 'highly limited' chars, and without the ability to use our existing chars that we put years of time and money into I don't think most vets will come back @ all.

baseline

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2005
EVE is finally dying and you know what it deserves to die. CCP Games has made so many massive mistakes and the game has been riddled with scandals involving the devs for years that they are now down to a free to play state that just signals the end is near.

"(...) At this level, you have limited access to the game’s skill tree, so most of the game’s advanced techniques are unavailable to you (...)".

That is not "Free to Play", but "Pay to Win" model. The "Free to Play" model in MMOs does not hinder the "free" player in any way against a "paying" player. If you put different skill trees for one or the other, that effectively changes the balance, making it a "pay to win" model.

I don't know if CCP is trolling the world with this idea or just trying to make a (bad) joke, but if they're serious they'll fail so hard.

Cheers!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well the old free trial was 15 days with access to everything. But since skills in the game are time based it was very limited.

They have made some massive blunders. Devs are people and they make errors in judgement.

They lost me when they disrupted the entire system by introducing faction warfare bur prevented alliances from joining. Caused so many groups to splinter. Couple of patches later and they enabled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.