Question CCTV and CMS software

Sep 19, 2020
I have some IP cameras. They work fine. I've just bought another, a Comelit IPCAM172A. I can add it to devices and see the feed and set a recording plan BUT it doesn't show up in Remote Config. Could it be media and onvif ports I need to change?

Update - I've installed ONVIF Device Manager so I'm able to see/edit some parameters but unsure what (if anything) I would need to change.

PS - For those who haven't used ONVIF Device Manager before it seems you need to log in (top left) with the name/password of the device you are trying to manage. Took me a while to discover that.

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
I have some IP cameras. They work fine. I've just bought another, a Comelit IPCAM172A. I can add it to devices and see the feed and set a recording plan BUT it doesn't show up in Remote Config. Could it be media and onvif ports I need to change?

Update - I've installed ONVIF Device Manager so I'm able to see/edit some parameters but unsure what (if anything) I would need to change.

PS - For those who haven't used ONVIF Device Manager before it seems you need to log in (top left) with the name/password of the device you are trying to manage. Took me a while to discover that.
What are you using as a recorder? That is the critical missing info.

Sep 19, 2020
I have the data sheets and also (different) software on a cd it came with.
What's puzzling me is why in CMS, which works with my other cameras, allows me to add this Comelit camera, see the live feed and set up a motion sense recording plan, but it doesn't appear in the "Remote config" menu, which I need to enable motion sensing and other camera parameters.
In CMS the other cameras have the media port 34567 and onvif port 8899.
I don't know if those are relevant but I can't find settings for those in Onvif Device Manager or the Comelit View software (the PDF user manual of the latter doesn't help)