Discussion CD Projekt RED confirms "Cyberpunk 2077" sequel, new WITCHER trilogy, & a brand new IP !

Hi there,

I don't know about you guys, but I never tried buying/playing CYBERPUNK 2077, given the disastrous launch by CDPR. But I know the Devs have ironed out a lot of gameplay BUGS and Glitches, but the game is still not perfect as reported by other gamers. The game was also heavily demanding on the GPU/PC requirements, not to mention the RTX/Ray tracing effects which the game engine uses.

Anyway, that is about to change as CDPR has shared it's future roadmap on Twitter. At an investor meeting, CD Projekt opened the floodgates on what the publisher is working on across internal development at CD Projekt RED and, for the first time, external partnerships.

But can CDPR really deliver a polished product this time?, I guess only time will tell.

CD Projekt confirmed that it is working on a sequel to Cyberpunk 2077, codenamed ORION. This comes after the recent announcement that the original game is getting an expansion called Phantom Liberty. The company is going to be developing a sequel to Cyberpunk 2077 that will "prove the full power and potential of the Cyberpunk universe."

It is also developing a sequel trilogy to The Witcher 3, with three games set to be delivered within six years of each other. The first game is already in pre-production.

The Cyberpunk sequel, Project Orion, is massive news that's just been quietly announced on Twitter. Probably a good move considering the backfire to all the hype CD Projekt Red drummed up in anticipation of Cyberpunk 2077. The game has won more fans over in recent months due to a current-gen upgrade that fixed a lot of the game's bugs, and the Edgerunners Anime which has breathed new life into the game's world.

We already knew a new Witcher game was in the works, but we now have confirmation that it's going to kick off a brand-new trilogy, and is currently codenamed Project Polaris. We still don't know anything about the story, but the CDPR tweet states it is "built on the legacy of The Witcher 3."

There are also two more Witcher projects in the works: SIRIUS - "an innovative take on The Witcher universe telling an unforgettable story" - and Canis Majoras - "a story-driven, single player open-world RPG set within The Witcher universe." Sirius is being developed by Molasses Flood with support from CDPR, while Canis Majoras has been contracted to a third-party studio led by ex-Witcher devs.

Also announced was a new IP, project HADAR. It will be "distinct" from Cyberpunk and The Witcher, whatever that means. It's being developed "100% internally" and was in incubation since late 2021. There's a lot to look forward to for CDPR fans. This understated announcement seems to show the studio has learned not to oversell its projects.

Speaking of the brand-new IP codenamed "Hadar" which is also in the pipeline, details on this are all under wraps. CD Projekt Red states this game is still in the "earliest stages of the creative process", and therefore development on it has not yet started.

The company did share that it will be an "entirely distinct IP", that will be "created from scratch" within CD Projekt Red.

On some other related news, this weekend, stats shared by Valve showed that Cyberpunk 2077 was the fourth most popular game on Steam Deck by total hours played, topped only by Stardew Valley, Elden Ring, and Vampire Survivors - in that order.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EJmgTQ0O8k

new-cd-projekt-red-games.jpg

View: https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1577317922460024834

View: https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1577317916130811904

View: https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED_IR/status/1577317074778587138

Last edited:
To quote CD Projekt RED via press release:

“Orion is a codename for our next Cyberpunk game, which will take the Cyberpunk franchise further and continue harnessing the potential of this dark future universe.

Polaris is a codename for the next installment in The Witcher series of games, which we recently announced was in pre-production. It is the beginning of a new saga: we aim to release two more Witcher games after Polaris, creating a new AAA RPG trilogy.

Canis Majoris is a full-fledged Witcher game, separate to the new Witcher saga starting with Polaris. It will be developed by an external studio headed by experienced developers who have worked on past Witcher games.

Sirius is a codename for the game developed by The Molasses Flood, set in The Witcher universe and created with support from CDPR. It will differ from our past productions, offering multiplayer gameplay on top of a single-player experience including a campaign with quests and a story.

Hadar is a codename for a third, entirely distinct IP, created from scratch within CDPR. The project is in the earliest stages of the creative process, which means we are not developing any game yet, but working exclusively on the foundation for this new setting.”

Hi there,

I don't know about you guys, but I never tried buying/playing CYBERPUNK 2077, given the disastrous launch by CDPR.
Sometimes I wish I hadn't tried it when I did, because it was so buggy, I've still yet to reinstall it. Extremely bad first impressions really stick with you a while.

CDPR needs to get better at a lot more than resisting overselling their projects, they need to actually execute programming them far better.

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
CP2077 is clean and optimized now, with very few bugs, on PC anyway.
It is not all that fun, however. Very repetitive, most weapons/upgrades don't affect much, dialogue choices hardly change the plot aside from the multiple ending sequences.

CD Projekt Red has lost my trust and loyalty. And Witcher 3 is a good game, but I think it is still overrated.
I will forever remain skeptical of this company, along with most companies. Come to think of it, the only non-indie game company I still trust is Atlus, which is quite sad considering how much I like games, or used to like them.

Extremely bad first impressions really stick with you a while.

Yeah, first impression is always the last impression. And this holds true for everything in the world, be it a product, object or a person.

But anyway, I was also not interested in playing Cyberpunk, because I found the game' settings/dialogues a bit offensive/uncomfortable. And not to mention the display of adult themes/signs and other similar elements.

Actually, I want games to have a more family-friendly theme and atmosphere, even though I'm single, LOL. I mean just like Mass Effect series, Dead Space, Dragon Age Inquisition, Call of Juarez, Witcher, Fallout, Half Life 2, Tomb Raider, and other similar titles.

Hey, even 'A Plague Tale Innocence's story is pretty good and neat.

But I know this is just a video game, and not everyone feels the way like I do. So, I count myself as an exception. I really like CLEAN gameplay dialogues, and the storytelling should also be good/decent, and emotional.

D

Deleted member 14196

No, I agree with you. I’m getting really tired of the graphic, sex and violence and all the adult stuff. We are all adults we know what goes on in the world but what do we have to have it thrown in our faces when we’re trying to game? It doesn’t really add anything to the story. It’s like all the sex and TV shows it doesn’t add anything to the story.

know what games I LOVE? Psychonauts and the second one especially. Fantastic in every respect.

I need good story. Red Dead 2 single player was phenomenal though. Story sooooo good

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
No, I agree with you. I’m getting really tired of the graphic, sex and violence and all the adult stuff. We are all adults we know what goes on in the world but what do we have to have it thrown in our faces when we’re trying to game? It doesn’t really add anything to the story. It’s like all the sex and TV shows it doesn’t add anything to the story.

know what games I LOVE? Psychonauts and the second one especially. Fantastic in every respect.

I need good story. Red Dead 2 single player was phenomenal though. Story sooooo good
Agree completely, I know this topic as well is often stereotyped as a morality issue, which of course for many it is, but to me, it's just as much about how it cheapens the game experience and makes it feel immature. The constant in fighting and perversion in the dialog of the 3 main characters in GTA V was what I hated most about the game. You just couldn't get away from it, it was always in your face.

THANK GOD/heavens, I'm not the only gamer who is against these gameplay themes, mostly pertaining to adult stuff. Couldn't have said it better myself. The gaming industry is just throwing such immature stuff on us these days. That's why the AAA gaming industry has gone down the drain these days.

By the way, I have not played RDR2 yet, but I know this game, the story and the characters/voice acting, all are awesome. The only thing concerns me is that the game is very demanding on the PC/GPU requirements, requires a decent powerful rig.

But on 1080p, my AMD RX 480, and Intel core i7-4790 CPU should play the game fine on medium/high settings. I might buy RDR2 if there is a sale on STEAM in near future,

Right now, I'm playing Borderlands 3 and SNIPER ELITE 5, both games are really awesome! Sniper Elite 5's voice acting, at least of the main character is really good. Voiced by Tom Clarke-Hill.

By the way, let me ask this question here itself. Kind of off topic, but has anyone played METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE ? I got a free Steam card/code so that I can redeem this game now.

Is it a good game ? I just hope there is proper Mouse and Keyboard support. Because I cannot play with any controller. Game looks interesting though, with hack and slash elements.

Even though I don't buy/play games based solely on user reviews, but this game has got 'Overwhelmingly Positive' STEAM reviews.

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE on Steam (steampowered.com)

By the way, let me ask this question here itself. Kind of off topic, but has anyone played METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE ? I got a free Steam card/code so that I can redeem this game now.

Is it a good game ? I just hope there is proper Mouse and Keyboard support. Because I cannot play with any controller. Game looks interesting though, with hack and slash elements.

Even though I don't buy/play games based solely on user reviews, but this game has got 'Overwhelmingly Positive' STEAM reviews.

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE on Steam (steampowered.com)
I'd be tempted to try that one if I weren't worried I'd suck at it and start losing interest. Slasher games with tons of bosses usually require good reflexes and being able to remember and execute many combo moves, not my forte at all. I prefer my military combat games to be shooter based.

At first I thought the graphics looked very dated for what I was wondering might be a contemporary game, then I saw the release date and it all made sense. LOL