CD Projekt Red Says Internal 'Cyberpunk 2077' Files Are Being Ransomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mubin

Distinguished
I wanna play the game, dont want to read some file that my spoil my taste of Cyberpunk 2077. After playing Witcher 3, i am waiting for CD Projekt Red's next big hit.

I hope moderators of this forum and others treat it as stolen property and don't allow it to be shared anywhere. If you come across this information and think you'd like to share it with others, consider yourself trafficking stolen goods. That's my 2 cents.

CyberPunkWarrior

Prominent
Jun 8, 2017
It all sounds like a very good marketing campaign for me. And also like the plot of a Cyberpunk 2020 game: a netrunner steals files from a corporation and then asks for a ransom for them. In the game, though, they would sell it to a Fixer, but in this case, is released on the net.

And as a marketing move is BRILLIANT: they have the people talking about the game like crazies without showing a single image of it. Also, the timing is convenient: so close to E3, and with a statement said shortly ago that the marketing campaign was already planned. If this is a marketing campaign, is the work of a GENIOUS.

Credit: I got the theory from here: https://youtu.be/sQjcqXpkeks

RomeoReject

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
I doubt that it's a publicity stunt, given how quick they are to distance themselves from it. They also wouldn't be point out the poor quality of the stolen files if they were using it to build hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.