Centrino 2 Exposed: A Name Deserved?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Cangelini, with all due respect, I have 20 years high-tech experience (pity me) and have actually sat on standards boards with Intel, Microsoft, and HP. Intel doesn't actually do most of the work on these boards, they manipulate, bully and threaten the members. USB3 is a great example.... The device controller is open, but the host controller is closed, meaning Intel doesn't share any of the spec with any competitor. So they took all the work and IP from the 100's of companies who developed the device spec, built a host controller spec with it, and then won't give any of the information out. The host controller comittee, because it's led by Intel won't allow others like Nvidia, AMD, Via, even on the small, closed comittee. Plus, most of the USB3 IP looks mostly like PCIX, which is from the PCI-SIG, not Intel. So with behavior like that, of course they might be out earlier with things like USB. Is that right? Is that good for competition? I will let everyone else decide. Is that legal? The courts will decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.