Certain iPad models to avoid?

Ryan_173

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
I guess this is where I would post for Tablet questions.

I’m looking for my friend who wants to get a tablet for a Christmas present for his Dad. He seems determined to stay under the $200 range which takes out the $280-$330 brand new iPad. Tried to convince him that it would be the best option for not much more money, but he insists his Dad is not tech savvy and would be happy with any old iPad.

So with that, are there any specific iPad models to avoid (no mini)? Slow CPU speed, poor screen resolution or quality. Are any older models like the iPad 1 or 2 just so slow and poor that they’re not worth looking into or can they still hold their own?

I’ve been looking at refurbished models. Found I can get a iPad2 with Accesories or iPad3 for the same price. Also an iPad 4 for less than $200 and an iPad 1or2 for $99. Again all of these refurbished

Why not just get him an adroid or even a (full) windows tablet.

Ryan_173

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
As I said, his father is not very tech savvy. However he has used many iPads from his girlfriends and to family over in Ireland. He know a few people I guess with them and since he already knows how to use an iPad, it just makes sense to get another.

If it were me buying this for myself, I would be be certainly looking into a Windows or Android model, and likely not refurbished. But my options for my friend is limited