[SOLVED] Certain keys not working on HP Laptop

rrsst6

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
last week my moms HP pavilion laptop went funky. It became extremely slow to the point i had to go into safe mode to retrieve her files. At the same time this happened, certain keys on the keyboard stopped working. I formatted the PC and upgraded her to an SSD. Computer works great now, but the keys are still not working. I tried everything i could find (uninstalling/installing drivers, toggling settings etc.) with no resolve. I temporarily got them to work again by holding the non working key down for a solid minute. It worked for a short time then stopped again. I'm beginning to think its hardware related and it needs a new keyboard, but its too much of a coincidence that the computer went haywire at the same time. Any ideas?

Solution
Almost certain that the keyboard are defective. It may have some fluid spill into it. If it have being taken hard hits (somebody loose in games?), it may be a loose connector also.
May 28, 2020
I have the same problem too with the same model of computer. What letters do not work in yours? Maybe it's a model defect? In my keyboard, the letter O and the letter L are the ones giving me problems. Also, did you manage to solve this?