CES '09: Flycast's Cd-Quality Radio for Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Roy Smith here; I have a few minor corrections to the article.

1) Kevin's history was slightly off - FlyTunes launched in Jan 08 and supported the iPhone via a web application. We quickly became the #2 streaming application on the iPhone (second to YouTube). Our native iPhone application launched in September. We added the BlackBerry family in November, and in mid-december began testing our multi-platform PC desktop player. We announced support for Android last week at the CES show.

2) the article says we re-transmit Shoutcast stations - It's true that some of our stations are Shoutcast stations, but nearly half of our stations are proprietary stations not available as Shoutcast stations. The stations offered on FlyCast represent a curated "cream of the crop" from the nearly 25,000 shoutcast stations, and 5000 terrestrial stations in the US.

3) We offer unlimited song skipping for stations whose legal status allows them to offer skipping. There are over 300 stations in FlyCast in all genres that offer song skipping, but many terrestrial stations in particular cannot be skipped. This is a licensing issue that FlyCast respects, not a technical one.

Roy Smith - FlyCast

G

Not really sure, I just download flycast this morning, and try some station, install Adobe AIR, install flycast, and...I do not think the quality is as good as the normal shoutcast. So I end up uninstall it again. I might try it again in the future, but at this point of time, I will have to pass.

exfileme

Splendid
Thanks for the update. The article now shows the corrections supplied. However, the press release for the Blackberry application actually dates for October 21. I also didn't see any mentions of limitations regarding SongSkip, else those details would have been incorporated into the article. My apologies for any errors on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.