CES 2010, Day 0: The Calm Before The Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

racermx187

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
I'm working CES this year. I love it when people pay me to be at places I would go on my own. Hopefully it's a good one with lots of new and interesting stuff

Ehsan w

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
The Asus head noted that the G73 generates a 3DMark Vantage score of 7,200 (Ed.: the desktop version of ATI's card does 17,428 3DMarks; here we go again with the naming shenanigans).
Oh hell yes you know it,
don't even try to defend them....

knutjb

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
When has a mobile gfx card ever equaled its desk top equivalent? The real question is how it compares to other mobile gfx chips. Who has a big enough battery to run any high end desk top gfx chip at full song?

That's what I thought... One gives up a lot to shrink the size and unplug from the wall.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]knutjb[/nom]When has a mobile gfx card ever equaled its desk top equivalent? The real question is how it compares to other mobile gfx chips. Who has a big enough battery to run any high end desk top gfx chip at full song? That's what I thought... One gives up a lot to shrink the size and unplug from the wall.[/citation]

That's the point--why name them similarly when one is clearly not the other? Do we leave it up to people to figure out on their own that a Mobility in front or a -M suffix means divide the performance you were expecting by three??

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]IzzyCraft[/nom]Lol i like the last picture what is that a 5970 in a midtower that just fits it lol[/citation]
lol, it just BARELY fits in there! Wonder how good it keeps cool in that tiny environment..

knutjb

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
[citation][nom]cangelini[/nom]That's the point--why name them similarly when one is clearly not the other? Do we leave it up to people to figure out on their own that a Mobility in front or a -M suffix means divide the performance you were expecting by three??[/citation]
Maybe the blatantly obvious fact that it's in a laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.