[SOLVED] Change Boot Sequence Dell Optiplex 740

Jun 27, 2020
Hi I would like to know how to enter the BIOS screen, on a Dell Optiplex 740, to change the boot sequence to boot from a usb drive, I've made up a windows 10 installation bootable disk, and want it to boot to it first thanks.

Solution
what operating system on PC right now? Just wondering, if its got win 10 on it already there is a way to boot off USB without needing to go into bios.

It should be press F2 when the dell logo shows up.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what operating system on PC right now? Just wondering, if its got win 10 on it already there is a way to boot off USB without needing to go into bios.

Solution
Jun 27, 2020

Hi I'm on windows 10, I've been round the block with this and I'm getting knowhere fast, I pressed F2 and that got me into BIOS, I turned on usb controllers, following some short instructions that I got off you tube, save and exited.

Then all I was supposed to do after that was press F12, when Dell logo showed up and it would then give me the option to boot from the usb, but nothings happening it just goes on to the windows screen.

I'm using a small querty wireless keyboard that I got to control an android box, but it only goes up to F10, but F10 is also F12, on the same key, F10 is in white on the key, and F12 is smaller in blue, do you think that could be the problem, F12 is just not registering,

Is there a way to do it via windows 10, I've tried a couple of ways but none are working, but maybe you know a different way thanks.

Jun 27, 2020
You can buy cheap keyboards with all 12 Fn keys for as little as $4, so why not buy one and try it?
I meant this minute mate I'm impatient lol, solved it anyway I had to press the fn, function key then F12, seen how to do the key on YouTube lol, so I managed to get the boot menu first time lol, and the disk loaded, so just need to swap my old HDD, for new SSD, and hopefully the windows installation will go plain sailing lol, I got to 99.9 % once with a Windows 7 or 8 disk and it failed at the last hurdle for some reason had to start all over again.

Jun 27, 2020
Little update got windows clean installation installed and running fine, good little upgrade to an SSD for an old machine, copes with a little more, and definitely a little faster, thanks to everyone for the help.