Change Nvidia setting without display

May 2, 2018
I need to figure figure out how to change the resolution of my Nvidia Geforce 710 without having an HD display attached. When i try to use the video card the TV says "not support" as if the GPU is too powerful for the TV. The boot screen doesnt even appear, i get nothing at all aside from the error message. I'm currently using the VGA to this TV so i can do things and its fine. When i try to open the Nvidia control panel it says that it cannot open Nvidia control panel because i am not attached to an HD display. I think the issue is because when i used to use this GPU before it was with a bigger, higher res TV, and was set to its parameters. The TV works with ALL other HD devices ive tried, and this GPU worked with every other display i tried. All drivers are up to date. I'll eventually buy a new display but for now this is it. There's no reason this shouldnt work as far as i can tell. Ive played in the bios to no avail. google was not my friend today either

TV: Element eldht241
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 710

Solution
You may have the bios set to run the igpu. Connect to that and see if you can get into the bios and change the Graphics to initialize first to PCIE, PEG, or Add-in card.