Question Change PSU in Dell Vostro 3888 ?

Mar 1, 2022
I want to install a rx 470 or rx 570 in my Dell Vostro 3888, but the problem is the PSU of that pc is quite weak ( 280w ). Can i change to another PSU and install the rx570 in?

Lutfij

Titan
The PSU used in that prebuilt has a proprietary connector.
H97c14cb32e614696899fd1eb5379f4a8E.jpg

If you're handy with a multimeter and can fabricate your own harness, then yes it's possible. Otherwise, no, swapping out that PSU is going to be a problem.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
If that 8-pin connector is where the PSU plugs in, then there are 24-pin-to-8-pin adapters for putting in a standard PSU.

HOWEVER... I think even the form factor of the PSU is proprietary, and, if I'm not mistaken, a standard ATX power supply wouldn't fit in it. So, I think you're stuck with that you have, and you'll have to use a GPU that draws much less power.

There are some GTX 1650 models that do NOT use a PCIe connector... those might work in your system.

Mar 1, 2022
If that 8-pin connector is where the PSU plugs in, then there are 24-pin-to-8-pin adapters for putting in a standard PSU.

HOWEVER... I think even the form factor of the PSU is proprietary, and, if I'm not mistaken, a standard ATX power supply wouldn't fit in it. So, I think you're stuck with that you have, and you'll have to use a GPU that draws much less power.

There are some GTX 1650 models that do NOT use a PCIe connector... those might work in your system.
Can you send me a model please?