[SOLVED] change RAM frequency on locked motherboard?

Hi All,

Quick question, im looking at getting the i5 10400f with a Asus PRIME-H410M-K, I already have DDR4 3200mhz ram laying around from a previous setup.

The motherboard supports up to 2933mhz, so I was wondering if it is possible to change the ram frequency to 2933? Or should I just buy 2933mhz memory and sell this one as I cant use it?
It will probably run at 2133mhz and I have to enable XMP, but that is set to 3200, which probably wont run stable on this motherboard.

Thanks!

Solution
I got Corsair kit, which is supported I see. But I was more curious if I can set my ram to 2933 on this motherboard, since it is locked? Enabling XMP wont be good as it will run at 3200mhz then, so I want manually set it to 2933, but not sure if that can be done on this motherboard. Apologies if my original post wasn't clear enough.
You have an i5-10400f CPU. The RAM with this CPU is limited to 2666 MHz on a H410 motherboard. 2993 MHz is for i7 and i9 CPUs
So the question is not to be able to run at 2933, but to run at 2666 Mhz.
That said, RAM sticks have sometime 2 XMP profiles . Is it the case with yours? Same for motherboard.
Guess that the only way to know for sure would be to try.
I got Corsair kit, which is supported I see. But I was more curious if I can set my ram to 2933 on this motherboard, since it is locked? Enabling XMP wont be good as it will run at 3200mhz then, so I want manually set it to 2933, but not sure if that can be done on this motherboard. Apologies if my original post wasn't clear enough.

You have an i5-10400f CPU. The RAM with this CPU is limited to 2666 MHz on a H410 motherboard. 2993 MHz is for i7 and i9 CPUs
So the question is not to be able to run at 2933, but to run at 2666 Mhz.
That said, RAM sticks have sometime 2 XMP profiles . Is it the case with yours? Same for motherboard.
Guess that the only way to know for sure would be to try.

Solution