Question Change which graphics card second monitor uses?

Apr 6, 2020
I am using a Dell Inspiron gaming laptop (a 7567). I have been using a second monitor for several days, just a TV that's plugged in over HDMI. It worked just fine until yesterday, when I plugged it in but all that displayed on the TV was a black screen that I could move my cursor onto. If I open task manager, the TV shows my desktop but I can't move any windows onto the second screen. I did some digging in the Intel and Nvidia settings menus, and it seems that my laptop monitor is using the integrated Intel graphics while the TV is using the Nvidia card. I don't know if it was doing this when the second monitor was working properly. I am assuming that getting both screens to run from the same card would fix this, but I can't find ANYTHING on the internet about how to do this. Alternatively, if there is another fix to this issue, I would love to know it.
Thanks everyone.

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
I am using a Dell Inspiron gaming laptop (a 7567). I have been using a second monitor for several days, just a TV that's plugged in over HDMI. It worked just fine until yesterday, when I plugged it in but all that displayed on the TV was a black screen that I could move my cursor onto. If I open task manager, the TV shows my desktop but I can't move any windows onto the second screen. I did some digging in the Intel and Nvidia settings menus, and it seems that my laptop monitor is using the integrated Intel graphics while the TV is using the Nvidia card. I don't know if it was doing this when the second monitor was working properly. I am assuming that getting both screens to run from the same card would fix this, but I can't find ANYTHING on the internet about how to do this. Alternatively, if there is another fix to this issue, I would love to know it.
Thanks everyone.
I don’t know too much about laptops specifically, but for desktops you want both monitors plugged into the graphics card, and the ports on the motherboard are for the integrated graphics. Are there more than one ports on your laptop?

Apr 6, 2020
I don’t know too much about laptops specifically, but for desktops you want both monitors plugged into the graphics card, and the ports on the motherboard are for the integrated graphics. Are there more than one ports on your laptop?
The only port I can plug into is an ordinary HDMI port. All I have besides that are USB ports.

Apr 6, 2020
Update, I did some reading and it seems that the HDMI port is connected directly to the 1050ti.