Question Changed motherboard, CPU and now M.2 NVMe and no wifi adaptor

Tommy Sawyer

Commendable
Aug 20, 2021
I had a whole system go down and ended up changing motherboard, CPU and now M.2 NVMe, and after doing a reinstall of old system my wifi is not showing up.
Should I just do a whole new install of windows 11 ... and now worry about my old system windows 10 restore (reinstall)?

Do you think I have a bad wifi card on that board? why wouldn't it show up? I saw forum talk about adaptors ,,, etc. i did all the fixes in cmd promt. nothing works.
In settings... Network and Internet: wifi doesn't even show up as an option

motherboard: B460M DS3H AC
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700
Drive: SAMSUNG 990 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe 4.0

thanks for any help.

I had a whole system go down and ended up changing motherboard, CPU and now M.2 NVMe, and after doing a reinstall of old system my wifi is not showing up.
Should I just do a whole new install of windows 11 ... and now worry about my old system windows 10 restore (reinstall)?

Do you think I have a bad wifi card on that board? why wouldn't it show up? I saw forum talk about adaptors ,,, etc. i did all the fixes in cmd promt. nothing works.

thanks for any help.

thanks for any help.
Is it enabled in BIOS ?

Tommy Sawyer

Commendable
Aug 20, 2021
shoot
Is it enabled in BIOS ?
shoots! I just looked ... https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B460M-DS3H-V2-rev-10#kf
it doesn't have wifi, the other version does though. ARRRRGGGGGGGGG!
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B460M-DS3H-AC-rev-1x#kf
haha! I guess I will be running a direct line Ethernet from my modem.
Can I run two Ethernet lines from my modem ... and have the regular Ethernet going to Google Nest?
Right now I have one Ethernet going to son's computer from Router Google Nest. everything else is on Wifi (*the nest).
I think I tried before to connect my son's pc directly to the modem (ethernet) and then line from modem to the router (google nest), but it didn't work.

shoot

shoots! I just looked ... https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B460M-DS3H-V2-rev-10#kf
it doesn't have wifi, the other version does though. ARRRRGGGGGGGGG!
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B460M-DS3H-AC-rev-1x#kf
haha! I guess I will be running a direct line Ethernet from my modem.
Can I run two Ethernet lines from my modem ... and have the regular Ethernet going to Google Nest?
Right now I have one Ethernet going to son's computer from Router Google Nest. everything else is on Wifi (*the nest).
I think I tried before to connect my son's pc directly to the modem (ethernet) and then line from modem to the router (google nest), but it didn't work.
Well, well, common mistake. Wired is usually better and faster with less delay but you can always get an USB WiFi adapter.

Reactions: Tommy Sawyer

Tommy Sawyer

Commendable
Aug 20, 2021
Well, well, common mistake. Wired is usually better and faster with less delay but you can always get an USB WiFi adapter.
I had an A7000 Netgear wifi adapter on my other computer... Brought it over and hooked it up... And it's working like a charm. Damn, I might just leave it like that. Thanks.

Reactions: CountMike