Question Changed motherboard - worked for one day, no more

emilfrolund

Reputable
Sep 11, 2016
Hi,

I changed my motherboard. It worked perfectly for the first 1.5 days. After I put a USB in the front it doesnt work anymore. When I put the usb stick in the front of the computer I lost internet and therefore decided to restart the computer. Upon restart it seems none of the usb plugs work as there is no light in my mouse which was in the back of the computer and the screens do not turn on.

I have not reinstalled windows and I have not installed mb drivers.

When it worked windows (on the second day) started asking for activation and said my valid cd key did not work.

Any thoughts on what this could be? Thanks in advance.

Mar 4, 2019
Which motherboard did you have and which one do you now have?

Sometimes this could be an issue due to you overclocking or the PSU not being good enough.
If you started messing around with the BIOS I would suggest resetting the Bios if possible.

Where did you purchase the CD Key from?

emilfrolund

Reputable
Sep 11, 2016
Which motherboard did you have and which one do you now have?

Sometimes this could be an issue due to you overclocking or the PSU not being good enough.
If you started messing around with the BIOS I would suggest resetting the Bios if possible.

Where did you purchase the CD Key from?

B85-mg i think it was called - asus mini atx. Now i have an asrock btc pro

I purchased from psngames.org and it has worked for 4 years+ but not anymore.

I got the computer to boot but now I might need to reinstall windows, to be sure the drivers are correct, right?

emilfrolund

Reputable
Sep 11, 2016
Would recommend a fresh install of Windows.
Once again, I see another ASRock motherboard facing issues :/
Yea now i got it booting but it just stands there with a blinking "" for ages without anything happening. If i try to boot from my ssd where windows is currently installed nothing happens other than the blinking ""

Would you recommend a fresh install of windows for this?

emilfrolund

Reputable
Sep 11, 2016
Yea now i got it booting but it just stands there with a blinking "" for ages without anything happening. If i try to boot from my ssd where windows is currently installed nothing happens other than the blinking ""

Would you recommend a fresh install of windows for this?
Dont know what happenee but it's a blinking _