Changed ram but unable to booting up.

zaqwertyuiop

Commendable
May 15, 2016
I bought a new ddr4 8gb 2666mhz ram and installed over my previous 8gb 2400mhz as a single channel config but my pc wont boot.

By running it in dual channel config however, my pc does boot up with zero issue. Did a ram check and it shows 16gb. Both in bios and dxdiag.

I've read around and tried what i have read i.e. clearing the CMOS by removing the CMOS battery and setting the CLRCMOS jumper.

If it helps, my set up is:
Cpu: Ryzen 3 1300x
Mobo: Asrock Ab350m
Gpu: Zotac GTX 1060 6Gb Mini
Psu: 500w

Solution
speed wont go over the minimal ram one that why i did ask you the spd detect on cpu-z for both ram and on amd it is call axmp for xmp settings .

zaqwertyuiop

Commendable
May 15, 2016
I would like to run it in dual channel if possible but the new ram is for my sibling and am testing the ram as his pc parts are still otw. Ddr4's quite expensive and we are on a budget too.

Would really appreciate if there's a solution.Thanks

(Updated bios to the latest)

ryzen is very sensitive to ram.
You need to check the ram qvl list for your motherboard and use only supported ram kits.
Not all ddr4 ram will be supported.
You are fortunate that your dual channel setup actually booted.

All ram sticks must operate at the same speed, voltage and latency.
Your motherboard was probably smart enough to recognize this and set your 2666 ram to the 2400 speed and specs.

Run memtest86 to test the ram.
You should be able to complete a full pass with NO errors.

In the future, buy only kits, not individual sticks, and buy only supported kits.

zaqwertyuiop

Commendable
May 15, 2016
It's not an add-on or replacement.
Just another ram for a yet-to-be-build pc.
Well, the QVL list definitely wouldn't have the ram i bought as it's a China brand ram that i bought from Tmall(trustable china online shopoing site that sells authentic products).
Also that i a have read through the reviews thoroughly before purchase and am sure that people are having no issue with it.