[SOLVED] Changing BIOS setting ?

crazy_stuff

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 26, 2017
I have an aorus 7 kb laptop. Is there a way for me to change the settings in bios so that even after system reset I don't see the aorus name or logo anywhere? Given that it's a Clevo based laptop, this should be possible.

Solution
For the most part I will say no.

Very few companies want to have their "brand" erased or otherwise not "seen".

And once someone figures out how to do something like masking or hiding logo and name then the company changes things so the fix will no longer work.

With the possible side effect of when the old fix (or even some new fix) is attempted there is an "whoopsie". [Cynicism conceded.]

Just ignore the logo and name. Treat it as you would any other commercial or advertising event.

I treat all as if false. Not saying they are - I just treat them that way.

Ralston18

Titan
If displaying the name and/or logo are the default settings then they will be shown.

However, in BIOS you may indeed be able to disable the display of name and/or logo.

Which should work until the next system reset which will likely return BIOS to its' default setting to show name and logo.

Do you see any related options in BIOS?

crazy_stuff

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 26, 2017
If displaying the name and/or logo are the default settings then they will be shown.

However, in BIOS you may indeed be able to disable the display of name and/or logo.

Which should work until the next system reset which will likely return BIOS to its' default setting to show name and logo.

Do you see any related options in BIOS?
I am not sure. Will I be able to get rid of the logo and name forever if I update/modify bios?

Ralston18

Titan
For the most part I will say no.

Very few companies want to have their "brand" erased or otherwise not "seen".

And once someone figures out how to do something like masking or hiding logo and name then the company changes things so the fix will no longer work.

With the possible side effect of when the old fix (or even some new fix) is attempted there is an "whoopsie". [Cynicism conceded.]

Just ignore the logo and name. Treat it as you would any other commercial or advertising event.

I treat all as if false. Not saying they are - I just treat them that way.

Solution