[SOLVED] Changing BIOS Setup Utility and Setting SSD as the default boot drive.

AlexIsHere

Commendable
Feb 5, 2021
Hello! I was thinking about changing my BIOS Setup Utility, but I am not entirely sure if you can do this. I am doing this because the one that I am now using (HP Setup Utility) Won't let me change the default boot drive to my SSD. So Is there a possibility to change the Setup Utility, if not how can I change my SSD to the default boot drive?

Solution
If you're on Windows 8 and above, your primary boot drive should be listed as Windows Boot Manager. Now my question is, could you elaborate on what you mean by changing the BIOS Setup utility? Are you asking for changing settings within the BIOS or changing the entire BISO layout? If it's the latter, it's impossible. If it's the former, then we'll need to know what you're working with. A laptop or a desktop? SKU/make and model of the HP prebuilt/laptop.

On the Boot menu of the BIOS, you should be able to see settings listed there, parse images or a video of what you see. We can move forward from there.

Lutfij

Titan
If you're on Windows 8 and above, your primary boot drive should be listed as Windows Boot Manager. Now my question is, could you elaborate on what you mean by changing the BIOS Setup utility? Are you asking for changing settings within the BIOS or changing the entire BISO layout? If it's the latter, it's impossible. If it's the former, then we'll need to know what you're working with. A laptop or a desktop? SKU/make and model of the HP prebuilt/laptop.

On the Boot menu of the BIOS, you should be able to see settings listed there, parse images or a video of what you see. We can move forward from there.

Solution