Changing Hard Disk help, can't figure this out.

VxeR

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
Disclaimer: I'm using Win 10
So I had a 1TB WD Blue HDD and I decided to upgrade to a 2TB WD Black HDD.
I installed it, cloned the files of the old disk to the new one using Acronis True Image WD Edition, and now my This PC folder looks like this:
fsBKA49.jpg

And my Disk Management:
XBYef4b.jpg

What do I do now? Just put the new disk in place of the old one and remove the old one?

Solution
Just delete recovery partition.
Those are remains of Win7 or Win8 before you upgraded to Win10. Win10 doesn't need recovery partition anymore.

And you're still booting from old disk. Remove it from system and see, if you can boot from new one.
You probably will need to use windows installation media to fix bootloader.

VxeR

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015

Yeah but what should I do? Tried both EaseUS and Acronis and it's the same.

theyeti87

Honorable
Disk 0: Right click the recovery partition and shrink it to 450MB, then right click the primary part. and extend it.

Disk 1: Rename drive letter to anything to open up the C:\ designation so you are able to assign C:\ naming to Disk 0 directories.

VxeR

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015

When I right click the recovery partition nothing pops out, just "help", that redirects me to an internet page.

Just delete recovery partition.
Those are remains of Win7 or Win8 before you upgraded to Win10. Win10 doesn't need recovery partition anymore.

And you're still booting from old disk. Remove it from system and see, if you can boot from new one.
You probably will need to use windows installation media to fix bootloader.

Solution

VxeR

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015

how do I do that