Changing IP from router settings.

ChristFive

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
Hey, i would like to change the tv's ip adress, from my expierience i think i can change it from the router's gateway.
I have come to the step where i write the MAC adress and the ip adress i want to give to the device.
But now i've got the problem that i don't know how to find a unreserved IP.

I'm in Sweden and i want to get an IP in Poland, i'm fron Poland and there is basically a movie i can't watch because i'm outside the country.

Anyone knows a way to get hold of an IP? And is it even possible to change it the way i want it to do?

Solution
local IPs (192.16XXX / 10.XXXX) are different than public IPs assigned by your ISP.
what you need is a VPN service to make your TV think it is in Sweden but you need to make sure such service is working (Netflix has been blocking most VPN services so I wouldn't recommend doing that.

ChristFive

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016

How can you explain then how i changed the IP of my computer?
Also, i'm still talking about changing the IP of my tv, not of the router. i basically use the routers settings (gateway) to do that.
Edit : I'll go with the VPN.

frank_hnd

Honorable
local IPs (192.16XXX / 10.XXXX) are different than public IPs assigned by your ISP.
what you need is a VPN service to make your TV think it is in Sweden but you need to make sure such service is working (Netflix has been blocking most VPN services so I wouldn't recommend doing that.

Solution