Question Changing my G203 Prodigy's switches

lad2525

Prominent
Mar 23, 2019
Hello,

I want to replace my Logitech G203 Prodigy's switches using Fantech Crypton VX7's switch (Huano).

My Logitech is 2 years old and my Fantech is brand new.

I would like to know if there could be some compatibility issues if I used the Crypton's switch to my G203 Prodigy.

Thanks.

Last edited:

lad2525

Prominent
Mar 23, 2019
First, why would you want to perform a transplant of that sort? You're better off just sticking to a mouse in itself. Also, if yo must replace the switches on the Logitech, they're made by Omron which is a top tier grade of switches, akin to how Cherry's switches are better in regards to design and quality.
Thanks for the reply.

I've been using my new mouse for about 3 days now and I can't properly adjust the cursor speed and I can't find a comfortable grip causing my hands to become tired after a prolonged use. In all honesty, this has been driving me crazy since the first day.

Instead of returning it and waiting for another a week or two for the refund or replacement, I would rather use its switches to my worn out Logitech.

Some additional info: I would like to replace all the switches including the 2 side buttons and the dpi switch button.