Changing my laptop HDD to a SDD !

Fjv___

Reputable
May 7, 2016
the laptop is a Samsung NP300E5A-A01DX.

I have been searching lately for an SDD so I used the crucial software to give a compatible SDD for my laptop.
can I still buy any SDD or do I have to clearly buy a specific SDD for my laptop?
I just recently upgraded to windows 10.

my budget to by an SDD is between £50 and £75.
Also I might need USB/SATA cable. could anyone suggest one?
Which software should I use to clone my new SDD ?

Solution
You dont need a specific SSD. You can choose from a number of available SSD's on the market.
I recommend the Samsung 850 EVO, at any capacity you prefer. Its a great value for money, offering really satisfying speeds for a very reasonable price. The 120GB should be within your price range, or maybe you can even afford the 250GB version.
I'm not sure about the prices in your country, so I cant tell atm. Where are you located?

You dont need a USB cable. Or any cables for that matter. Your laptop should have the connectors available inside. You will probably need to replace the already existing HDD.

As for software, I use Macrium Reflect Free x64. It really offers a simple straightforward interface, does a good secure cloning of your...

ozi2708

Commendable
May 23, 2016
I don't think you need any extra specifications for an SSD to take place of your HDD. But the data transfer speed will be limited to the speed that your motherboard supports.
For example, if you are using your HDD on a SATA 3.0, you will get a decent speed from your SSD, but if your pc is old and supports older versions of SATA connection, you may have your speed limited.
But you can still connect any SSD instead of your HDD.

morpheas768

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
You dont need a specific SSD. You can choose from a number of available SSD's on the market.
I recommend the Samsung 850 EVO, at any capacity you prefer. Its a great value for money, offering really satisfying speeds for a very reasonable price. The 120GB should be within your price range, or maybe you can even afford the 250GB version.
I'm not sure about the prices in your country, so I cant tell atm. Where are you located?

You dont need a USB cable. Or any cables for that matter. Your laptop should have the connectors available inside. You will probably need to replace the already existing HDD.

As for software, I use Macrium Reflect Free x64. It really offers a simple straightforward interface, does a good secure cloning of your disk, at decent speeds, and it does offer some advanced options, albeit very few.

Hopefully, I answered your questions. If not, please do tell.

Solution

Fjv___

Reputable
May 7, 2016

I live in the UK.
to clone the SSD in this case transfer everything to the sdd wont need a cable, because I only have HDD connected thats why I was wondering if I needed to buy this cable:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-SATA-Drive-Adapte...

morpheas768

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Well yeah, it would be useful and will make the process simpler for you if you buy this converter cable.
If you can even find a cheaper one (doesnt need to be USB 3.0, USB 2.0 will work too) go for it.

I didnt consider the whole cloning process, thats why I told you that you dont need any cables. I apologize. I assumed you wanted the cable just to be able to use the SSD.