Changing my Motherboard

Daedalus2000

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
I am planning to change my motherboard from a GA-945GZM-S2 to a G31 and i want to know...do i have to reinstall windows 7 and if so, what can i do to save my games?
Please Reply

w95linux

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
i would highly recommend that you reinstall windows, so that you don't face any problem in the future and for your games i would recommend gamesave manager (www.gamesave-manager.com)

I hope it helps

You can sysprep your HD before plugging it to new PC/MB to avoid boot BSODs. To do this, go to C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep\sysprep.exe, check 'generalize', select 'OOBE' on drop down menu, and 'Shut down'.

When your new PC/MB boots off of your old HDD, you'll get the 'out of box experience' screen, asking you to create new user account. Just call it anything and after that's done, you can log off and switch to your main user account.

Once you're logged in with your main account, you can safely proceed with deleting the newly made account in Control Panel > User Accounts applet

Edit: to clarify what sysprep does, it basicly gets rid of all platform specific data such as drivers and configuration files.