Changing the graphic card in my PC

Obsolete Cowhide

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
Hi, I have an old desktop PC. It works great and can run almost every game. The weakest part of it, is the graphic card, which I want to change to another. I curently have a Radeon HD5750 1GB GDDR5. My PC is a Acer Aspire M5811. I have a Intel Core I5 650 processor with 3,20 GHz. The motherboard is Acer H57M01. My power source, as it is now, has a Max Wattage of 450 W.

My question is, what graphic card can I change to without buying a whole new PC. I know I propably have to change the power source, which I'm fine with, but I don't have a lot of money, and therefore I will only change those two things if possible. What would be the cheapest alternative, but still have more power than my curent setup?

If you need more information before you can answer, feel free to write to me.
All help will be very appreciated.
Thank you, Bjarke.

Obsolete Cowhide

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015

Right now I have an ASUS GTX 580 lying around (Which I guess would a small upgrade), but the wires doesn't fit. Wouldn't that be the same problem with the other GTX's?

Jeff Baffalo

Honorable
Apr 10, 2014

Most likely not since the gtx 750ti does not need external power supply cables to be plugged into it. All it needs is to be put in the PCI-E slot and its good to go!

Obsolete Cowhide

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015

Ahh, I see now. I just need to find a graphic card that doesn't need external power. I'll look into that. Thanks for the help!