Changing up my PC

SneakyGuy

Distinguished
May 15, 2016
Current PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Gigabyte Geforce GTX1060 3GB Windforce OC
GSkill Aegis 8GB Ram DDR4 3000Mhz(currently @2933Mhz)
Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3(rev 1.0)
Intenso SSD SATA III High 240GB
An old HDD 500GB(Probably @7200rpm)
Corsair VS Series VS550
Aerocool Aero-500(Window)

So I want to sell my MOBO and RAM and get new ones.. I thought of getting the better chipset for the MOBO this time, so I'm gonna go with X370 and decided on the Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5(rev. 1.0).. Now for the RAM I am looking into RGB.. I found a couple that on the RAM's Manufacturer site it says its compatible with AMD, but on the other hand I couldn't find them on the Memory Support List (Summit Ridge) on the MOBO's Manufacturer site.. The ones that I found are:
HyperX Predator RGB 8GB DDR4-2933MHz (HX429C15PB3A/8)
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4-3200MHz (F4-3200C16D-16GTZRX)
On the bottom of the Memory Support List they mention that "Memory modules listed as above is for reference only. Due to massive memory models in market, we can only verify some of them.".. I would really appreciate if you could help me here..

Solution
If you want to use something, which is not in the list, all you have to do is just try and see.
Here where I live (Europe), there are plenty of stores, who will gladly return the money if the RAM kit is not compatible. Most of them even gladly help you to find the compatible kit.
You might wanna try contacting some stores (online and locally)

SneakyGuy

Distinguished
May 15, 2016

I agree.. But I have an issue with the current build.. I wasn't careful when I picked the parts months ago and I am having bluescreen problems all the time.. I recently found out that my RAM is not compatible with any AMD MOBOS.. Then I thought that's fine I will just change the RAM.. I searched for another RAM with a good clock and as cheap as possible couldn't find any close to the one I had.. So I thought whatever I will change the MOBO get the better chipset and get a better RAM too.. I'm not 100% sure if I'll do it, but I want to find a compatible one this time.. The only thing I'm sure of is I'm gonna change the current RAM 100%.. The question is am I gonna change the MOBO too? Any help would be really appreciated.

If you really have a problem with the RAM, you just have to change the RAM.
Just look at the RAM compatibility list and go for one of them.

The older Ryzen platform does have issues with some RAM kits :)

Yes, X370 should have better compatibility but the cost can not be justified.
RAM speed is not everything anyway.

SneakyGuy

Distinguished
May 15, 2016

Yeah I'm gonna decide the following days.. The problem isn't that the RAM isn't compatible with this MOBO or CPU it's just that the RAM is ONLY for Intel MOBOS.. I didn't look if it's compatible when I was picking the parts.. That's completely my fault.. So are those RAMS above compatible with the MOBO I mentioned?

SneakyGuy

Distinguished
May 15, 2016

I've checked that it's not on the list.. The thing is that on the RAM site they mention that it's compatible with AMD.. So now how can I know if it is?

If you want to use something, which is not in the list, all you have to do is just try and see.
Here where I live (Europe), there are plenty of stores, who will gladly return the money if the RAM kit is not compatible. Most of them even gladly help you to find the compatible kit.
You might wanna try contacting some stores (online and locally)

Solution