[SOLVED] Charging through USB C hub

I'm looking to get a USB-C hub with displayport/HDMI and USB type C for a Dell Latitude 7490. The USB-C docking ports with charging that Dell sells are expensive, and I was wondering if I could get something like this, and plug the USB C end into the USB C port on the hub?

Solution
I'm looking to get a USB-C hub with displayport/HDMI and USB type C for a Dell Latitude 7490. The USB-C docking ports with charging that Dell sells are expensive, and I was wondering if I could get something like this, and plug the USB C end into the USB C port on the hub?

The hub should come with it's own charger you would not need to use that. If you are looking to use a non-dell dock to charge the Dell, it may not work since there are lots of people that state they have issues powering laptops with 3rd party docks. But that USB C power adapter you linked is not for a dock connection, it's for a Dell power supply with a standard round power plug to convert it to USB C power charging.

The hub should come with it's own charger you would not need to use that. If you are looking to use a non-dell dock to charge the Dell, it may not work since there are lots of people that state they have issues powering laptops with 3rd party docks. But that USB C power adapter you linked is not for a dock connection, it's for a Dell power supply with a standard round power plug to convert it to USB C power charging.

Reactions: extreme_noob
Solution