Aug 31, 2023
When I try to turn on my computer it gives the error "512 - Rear chassis fan not detected". And when i open the case the fan dosent spin. . i have tried multiple fans but, none of them work but, all of them worked in the CPU fan port. Also my mobo has a HOOD_SENSE port. I think the chasis port isnt working.

My Specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Ram: 4.00 GB (3.89 GB usable)
MotherBoard: Foxconn 17A0 Motherboard
Fan: Foxconn DC Brushless Fan (Pre Installed)
Computer: HP Pro 3330 MT

When I try to turn on my computer it gives the error "512 - Rear chassis fan not detected". And when i open the case the fan dosent spin. . i have tried multiple fans but, none of them work but, all of them worked in the CPU fan port. Also my mobo has a HOOD_SENSE port. I think the chasis port isnt working.

My Specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Ram: 4.00 GB (3.89 GB usable)
MotherBoard: Foxconn 17A0 Motherboard
Fan: Foxconn DC Brushless Fan (Pre Installed)
Computer: HP Pro 3330 MT
Yeah, quite possible, I also lost one header in my MB,
You could get an Y splitter to connect i parallel to CPU_FAN

Just get a splitter to put both fans on the CPU fan header.

But I don't see any BIOS setting to ignore the fan speed monitoring in the manual for the Foxconn version of that board under "Health," perhaps it is in the HP BIOS. Probably though, the header's speed sensor still works but just the power to it is broken. If you don't feel like repairing the surface-mount resistors and fuses around it, just get one of those fans with two headers, one for the speed sensor and the other for power and ground. I have some Arctic F12 PWM fans like this, which were designed to be daisy-chained for power but each fan has its own separate speed sensor output. Such fans essentially have a built-in splitter so you wouldn't need to buy a separate one.