News ChatGPT Glasses Bring AI Into Your Real Life

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I figured this was where Google Glass was eventually going, but with more emphasis on visual cues. Like, it'd use face recognition to show people's names above their heads, and could give you a history of when you last talked to them and about what, in a sidebar.

I even had the idea of keying off audio cues and doing google searches, to provide context. But, ChatGPT really changes the game, in conversations.

BTW, it's illegal to make audio recordings of people without appropriate warning. You can film or photograph people in public places, but not secretly make audio recordings of them. Not retaining the audio could land this in a legal grey zone, but it's not one I'd want to test in court.

BX4096

Reputable
Aug 9, 2020
BTW, it's illegal to make audio recordings of people without appropriate warning. You can film or photograph people in public places, but not secretly make audio recordings of them.
That's not necessarily true. The legality of this varies largely from country to country. In case of the US, that depends on the state, with the majority of states allowing it, if I recall correctly.

EDIT: just checked, at least 37 US states allow it. The EU is different, since they have union-wide data protection regulation that prohibits it, but the rest of the countries are split. Countries like India, Sweden, or Japan allow it; countries like Canada, Australia, or the UK prohibit it. Case by case basis.

Last edited:

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
That's not necessarily true. The legality of this varies largely from country to country. In case of the US, that depends on the state, with the majority of states allowing it, if I recall correctly.

EDIT: just checked, at least 37 US states allow it. The EU is different, since they have union-wide data protection regulation that prohibits it, but the rest of the countries are split. Countries like India, Sweden, or Japan allow it; countries like Canada, Australia, or the UK prohibit it. Case by case basis.
Yes, I was talking about the US. Thanks for clarifying that. However, would you clarify which you are referring to: audio or video recording?

Last edited: