Cheap 600w psu’s are they safe?

dankest_bank

Prominent
Jun 22, 2018
I am building a pc and I am wondering if the $25-35 power supplies like the Thermaltake smart, EVGA bq, Corsair VS etc. are safe to use in a Ryzen / rx 580 8gb rig.

Solution
I would say that If you cant spend enough on a decent quality PSU, Don't even build the system yet. PSU is the heart of the system. It goes, your whole system goes. Save up for a Corsair TX550M, Bitfenix Whisper Formula 550W. They are good mid range Power Supplies.

Lutfij

Titan
It actually depends. stating etc, brings everyone into the limelight however in all cases, there are a number of brands that should'n't even be mentioned. Thermaltake's Smart/Litepower/Smart RGB as well as Corsair's VS series should never be near any system.

You should list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You might also want to mention your budget for a PSU, where you're located and where you'd like to purchase from?

dankest_bank

Prominent
Jun 22, 2018

My budget depends on my cpu motherboard choice
I have 8gb ddr4 3000 ram
1tb 7200rpm hdd
Rx 580 8gb
Win10
Coolermaster minitower case

My budget will be around 45-50 if I go for a r3 1300x and less if I go for a 1600
Details on that in another thread u replied on regarding the 1600 @stock

jawlesspython04

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
I would say that If you cant spend enough on a decent quality PSU, Don't even build the system yet. PSU is the heart of the system. It goes, your whole system goes. Save up for a Corsair TX550M, Bitfenix Whisper Formula 550W. They are good mid range Power Supplies.

Solution