Cheaper to go with a minecraft home server or a minecraft host?

Carson Kendrick

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014
Hello all.
My name is Carson and I would like to either build or get a minecraft host to create a server. Would the host or the computer build be the most economical way to spend money. Would the home server kill the internet? What host would be the best . If the host is not a good idea. Then what parts would you guys recommend. I want to be able to host at least 50 people at one time. Then upgrade sooner or later. Have a lot of worlds and plug ins.
Thank you guys so much
Carson Kendrick

Running a home server can be a pain. Just setting it up is tough. Then you have to install plugins and everything. You will also need quite a bit of RAM.
I would just go with a server hosting company unless you are OK with working through those problems (which could take a long time if you don't know what you're doing). You can get the iron ($9 per month) or gold ($12 per month) here: https://ggservers.net/minecrafthosting.html . The iron has a max of 32 players and the gold has a max of 48 players.

Hosting from home is mostly for running a small server for friends. A small server would be a server with 5 or 10 people. Since you also have a lot of plugins you will have very bad lag with just 10 people. It would be so much easier to just choose one of many hosting services. Especially since you "want to be able to host at least 50 people". That's insane to try to get that many people at a minimum on a home server. Spend your money on a good hosting service. And you won't have a huge hit on your internet along with spending hundreds on a new computer for hosting.