Check Out the First Microsoft Surface Tablet TV Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.
First tablet I'm interested in due to the fact that it runs a full Windows OS, the price for the RT isn't that bad either. I could really use something like this for various tasks.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Have it(MSDNAA Subscription), don't like it, nothing I can do about it, getting ready for all the calls to support it.

EDIT: I don't have a tablet, just Windows 8. I am not interested in the ARM it is not backward compatible.

infernocy

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
windows xp is still the best operating system ever .. the only flaw its not able to use more than 4gb and that is not even use by the vast majority of the users of windows 7 , why the hell will i want to use another operating system that still copies from windows xp ...

jtb04a

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
Look, they click together! See, isn't that cool. They click. Did you see that? They really click together. We think you'll love the sound of it clicking together. You'll have a ton of fun doing it with all of your friends. Oh yea, and isn't this old couple cute? Did we mention the clicking noise? We think you'll really love it. The iPad doesn't do that.

And one more thing, you can play fruit ninja with us now. Which is really cool. You'll be just like your friend who have iPhones. Okay, maybe they stopped playing that game 2 years ago, but you can bring it back. It will be retro, and super cool.

kelemvor33

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
That was awful. So the main feature of the Surface tablet is it clicks when you do anything with it? That ad was completely pointless.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]ratn9ne[/nom]So many technical details included in these two ads.[/citation]
Yeah, say the same about almost every other tech TV advert, when was the last time anyone started banging on about hard drive space or if it has USB ports, talking technical in a 30 second ad is proven to switch people off - ads are there to grab your attention then you will look for the specs if interested

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
I think it'd have been cool if the picture of the old people was from when they were in their twenty's. It took me a few times watching the ad to figure it out, but it was still a nice touch.

AzureFlash

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
As a mechanical keyboard user (a vintage black IBM Model M13, thank you for asking), I think what Microsoft is trying to show with this "click" thing is not just the keyboard dock feature, it's the overall build quality of the product. They're implying that the materials they use and the design they've made is what makes this satisfying click possible. I think they're just showing that because of it being sturdy and well-made, it becomes fun to use. I'm not a user of smartphones, tablets or even laptops, but perhaps I'll go to a store someday and try one out to see if that's true...

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
When people at work were saying that the commercials were bad, I had very low expectations. However, they are good, much better than the usual crappy commercials that Microsoft makes. I didn't like the dubstep, though

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
I wonder how many tablets were damaged during the making of this ad.. [citation][nom]infernocy[/nom]windows xp is still the best operating system ever .. the only flaw its not able to use more than 4gb and that is not even use by the vast majority of the users of windows 7 , why the hell will i want to use another operating system that still copies from windows xp ...[/citation]
infernocy... I bet you don't throw away your socks till the hole in the front is big enough for all 5 toes to push through.. right?
Not that I will be switching to Windows 8 for my desktop. But Windows 7 was just in time when it came out. Not saying XP needs to die (like some over zealous people out there), but I don't think insisting on using XP is something to brag about anymore..

j2j663

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
[citation][nom]xkm1948[/nom]Honestly, I am a little interested after watching the ads. Hope the actual product is on par.[/citation]

On par to what exactly? Your life breaking out in song?

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
All I want is a god damn tablet that I can plug in a USB stick and load a word document off it and edit it. If this thing can do it (arm or x84, I don't care which) then you have my money.

SIMPLE 'EH?!

NOW PUT THAT IN AN AD INSTEAD OF MAKING ME WATCH HIPSTERS JUMP AROUND LIKE MORONS

G

[All I want is a god damn tablet that I can plug in a USB stick and load a word document off it and edit it. If this thing can do it (arm or x84, I don't care which) then you have my money.]

Do you know how many cheaper Android tablets out there already can do this? Word document editing is never an issue, and there are plenty of Android devices has USB port and support OTG feature (i.e. read from USB stick). Paying such amount for Surface for such a simple thing is simply a waste of money.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]infernocy[/nom]windows xp is still the best operating system ever .. the only flaw its not able to use more than 4gb and that is not even use by the vast majority of the users of windows 7 , why the hell will i want to use another operating system that still copies from windows xp ...[/citation]

ill agree with you that i like xp alot more than 7 and 8, but 4gb of ram... yea... every 7 i have seen that is 64bit uses more than 4gb, not has more, uses more.

there are also other things in 7 that are better than xp, but most of its behind the gui... i so wish all the gui from xp was in 7 but it just isnt.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]ill agree with you that i like xp alot more than 7 and 8, but 4gb of ram... yea... every 7 i have seen that is 64bit uses more than 4gb, not has more, uses more.there are also other things in 7 that are better than xp, but most of its behind the gui...[/citation] Going from XP to Win7 was easy. Vista never touched my hardware... Win8 is on a test notebook, I just can't use it.

I just built a new Win7 box... 16GB of RAM was a bit of over-kill for my needs. I have 12.8GB avail / 0GB free - I have an SSD and using NO swap file. Paid $80 for the memory... a lot cheaper than the $200 I spent in 2005 for my AMD setup with just 2GB... which are worth $10 today... i think.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
Young girls in private school dresses crunking.... whaaa, not sure what i just saw...advertisement for a tablet, a docking KB, a dancing lesson or what cools kids dress like now ( im a regular Levis 505 kind of guy) o_O Though i really did like the high school band type of start to the song :) The robot dude with the screens all around him reminded me of The LXD (totally recommend watching that if your at all in dancing)

Status
Not open for further replies.