News Chia Currency Has Already Used 1 Exabyte of Storage

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 18, 2021
As a tech enthusiast i'm getting more and more disappointed by tom's Hardware.

This review is so flawed it wants to make my head spin 360°.

Here in the UK both cpus are 169£. The intel mobos are clearly more expensive & have on top no upgrade possibilities (especially convenient for budget builds). If you use the pc a couple of hours a week, you can easily add 15-30£ a year electricity bill to intel.

Also checked mind factory in Germany, 3600 164EU vs. 11400 192,66EU.

So, no wonder that an DIYer isn't buying this none sense.

I hope some day this page will return to it's former glory and stops sinking deeper and deeper.

Jan 27, 2021
I think from a farmer's perspective, there are 2 key factors to watch closely: the value of the coin after it stabilizes and their stance on pooling (in a blog post from 2020 their mentioned that technically it will be possible, but back then they believed more in individual farming. I think the aforementioned post missed the point that without pooling, it will have the same Bitcoin drawbacks they wanted to avoid: those who can afford huge, enterprice-grade arrays of disks going into petabytes will control most of the network and collect all the rewards).

Pools are coming at the end of MAY. There will be a lot of them at first.