News China's fastest domestic gaming GPU gets massive performance boost from new drivers, up to 80% jump in some games, as the country grapples with RTX...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasten

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2007
I mean with the ban on 4090s, good thing Moore Threads is pumping out 80% more frames! Had to replace the 4090 somehow and now they are 1/1000 of the way with the extra 80% in one game!

Why start the article with that comparison? Is it a directive to link other articles? This is like saying the KIA CEE'D got 80% quicker around turn 2, and its a life saver since the McLaren Senna is banned from racing in the country. Click /comment baiting?

Reactions: bit_user

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
and how many FPS did this GPU get after the performance boost? It doesn't necessarily mean much if a game goes from 10 fps to 18 fps, since while the performance did increase, both results would still be unplayable.
Right, or going from 5 fps to 9 fps. If that's the performance a game runs at in 1080p, then the card is still almost as worthless as the article.

Also, when you're starting from such a low point as the S80, some big jumps are to be expected. That doesn't mean it'll ever be a decent card. It could, but I wouldn't count on it. I think its problems are a lot deeper than mere software.

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
This article is virtually useless without providing any data on the settings or framerates achieved. If it's doing 9 fps instead of 5, that's an 80% improvement but still unplayable. If that's the performance a game runs at in 1080p, then the card is still almost as worthless as the article.
exactly my point.

Reactions: bit_user
Status
Not open for further replies.