News Chinese CPU and GPU Maker Loongson Plans to Raise $544 Million

Wouldn't be caught dead supporting an adversary in cyber space.

No matter how you cut it, China is two faced and aggressive through sneaky tactics from cyber warfare, salami slicing policies, industrial espionage, slave labor, harvesting of organs from prisoners, ethnic cleansing and more. They have among the worst human rights records.

ZTedster

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
A communist regime who doesn't give a flying f*** about their individual subjects?!

SHOCKING!!!
JUST SSSHHOCKING!!!

Sarc aside, they are even more brutal than the Soviets were on their people. The CCP is by far the most downright evil thing I've ever seen. Pure evil. They make the Soviets look like pikers in comparison.

Zarax

Reputable
Apr 30, 2020
Some competition on the lower end of the market can only be a good thing.
Zhaoxin/Loongson can effectively take what was Cyrix market spot and produce some semi-viable competition.

All we miss now is Matrox trying again its hand at consumer GPUs then we are back in the 1990s!

Some competition on the lower end of the market can only be a good thing.
Zhaoxin/Loongson can effectively take what was Cyrix market spot and produce some semi-viable competition.

All we miss now is Matrox trying again its hand at consumer GPUs then we are back in the 1990s!

we still have several legit GPU maker but most of them have no desire to compete in desktop market.

Reactions: digitalgriffin

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
After all the forced technology transfer, stolen IP, cyber terrorism, and aggression from China, I'll literally take a 50% performance cut not to buy a Chinese product at this point.

Zarax

Reputable
Apr 30, 2020
we still have several legit GPU maker but most of them have no desire to compete in desktop market.

That's why I mentioned Matrox, it's a good example of a company with some decent consumer-related IP but seemingly not interested in consumer market anymore.