Chinese Government Considering Mandatory Real-Name Registration for Internet Use

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

That is just plain baloney. If the law really becomes in effect, it will enhance corruption between Chinese government officials and fraudsters, while punishing whistle blowers and law abiding Chinese citizens.

G

I'd sure love to always eat the food, and bang the broads though. Yum yum.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
shouldnt be a problem if they can 101% guaranty that the name/privacy isnt gonna get leak out for life time. which is nearly impossible lolz

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
How are the Chinese getting internet access now without their ISP knowing their real name? I know Time Warner Cable has my real name. That's how I pay my bill. If I told them my name was Santa Claus or HughGRection69 I don't think I would be able to get an account with them. So what exactly is the issue here?

xkm1948

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
[citation][nom]kinggremlin[/nom]How are the Chinese getting internet access now without their ISP knowing their real name? I know Time Warner Cable has my real name. That's how I pay my bill. If I told them my name was Santa Claus or HughGRection69 I don't think I would be able to get an account with them. So what exactly is the issue here?[/citation]

Well, it is not like that. Chinese government simply want its citizens to use REAL NAME on all online forums/social websites/news comments sections. Why? Because the communists government is under heavy pressure recently when people exposing how their "western hating communist officials" are actually sending all their relatives and money abroad. They wanna hide their ugly secret, and the best way is to use real name checking. This way they can track down everyone single one who opposes the authority, even if it is just some random ranting on news comments section.

You can rant on and on about how Obama is a disaster to the US without worrying about FBI knocking on your front door. You don't have to worry about being "vaporized" for just some negative comments.
With this new law passed and the system deployed. If one post anything negative about the communist leaders, the Chinese Special Agents will locate and jail him/her without any form of hearing.

ronch79

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
It's easy to take potshots at China for being a communist country, unfortunately, 'democratic' nations' policies aren't really far from this sort of thing.

sonofliberty08

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]kinggremlin[/nom]How are the Chinese getting internet access now without their ISP knowing their real name? I know Time Warner Cable has my real name. That's how I pay my bill. If I told them my name was Santa Claus or HughGRection69 I don't think I would be able to get an account with them. So what exactly is the issue here?[/citation]
the US government, CIA & FIB already know your real name and watch your back :p
u don't even have to register, they can get into your back door anytime, anywhere

sonofliberty08

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ronch79[/nom]It's easy to take potshots at China for being a communist country, unfortunately, 'democratic' nations' policies aren't really far from this sort of thing.[/citation]
for communist country, this kind of policy are on the water,
for "democratic nations", this kind of policy are under water......

G

the government knows my name when I register a driver license, the credit-cards , my 3G cellphone(including the contact list in my bill.) and my home online service. the public camera caught me in the scenes after I purchase my laptop in bestbuy. but I never feel my privacy life is been watching by the government. I m nobody as long as if I dont get crazy drive my car around as a rampage killer or I upload/download illegal privacy copyright stuff online. the last I believe facebook makes me famous that I need to get my name and ip hidden is wrong. you will still get caught even if your ISP is not bonding with your real name if you doing something stupid.

JackFrost860

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]I feel sorry for the Chinese masses. Their government is truly messed up...truly.[/citation]

... as America drops off fiscal cliff! ;)

G

China is so evil passing such a law!!! USA has already has this law in place for several years. Dohhh!

In free America, making a youtube video supporting an alternate political candidate (Ron Paul), which actually wants more freedom and less government, might make you get a visit from the FBI. Filming a police officer's improper conduct might get you arrested. How is that different than China?

I feel sorry for the american masses. They live in a police state but don't know it.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]Andy Chow[/nom]China is so evil passing such a law!!! USA has already has this law in place for several years. Dohhh!In free America, making a youtube video supporting an alternate political candidate (Ron Paul), which actually wants more freedom and less government, might make you get a visit from the FBI. Filming a police officer's improper conduct might get you arrested. How is that different than China?I feel sorry for the american masses. They live in a police state but don't know it.[/citation]We know it, we're just in a state of denial.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
[citation][nom]ronch79[/nom]It's easy to take potshots at China for being a communist country, unfortunately, 'democratic' nations' policies aren't really far from this sort of thing.[/citation]
That's because China is far from Communist, they are extremely Capitalist.

xkm1948

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
[citation][nom]Andy Chow[/nom]China is so evil passing such a law!!! USA has already has this law in place for several years. Dohhh!In free America, making a youtube video supporting an alternate political candidate (Ron Paul), which actually wants more freedom and less government, might make you get a visit from the FBI. Filming a police officer's improper conduct might get you arrested. How is that different than China?I feel sorry for the american masses. They live in a police state but don't know it.[/citation]

At least we get to complain about this. Try doing the same in China. You are all your relatives will be in labor camp soon.

Th-z

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Madjimms[/nom]That's because China is far from Communist, they are extremely Capitalist.[/citation]

No, political system and economic system are two different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS