[SOLVED] Chinese IGame/Colorful brand graphics cards using Nvidia Geforce Drivers?

freeprince

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
I recently picked up one of these cards because it was dirt cheap. I didn't expect it to be better than a mainstream card but I can't afford anything right now and I at least wanted to try to get closer to the current gen. So, anyway, it came with a disk and i installed the disk and it was a typical Nvidia Geforce driver installation. It even came with Game Ready Driver and Geforce experience. What I'm not sure about is if it's safe to run all Geforce drivers for this card or is it different because it's kind of a knock off. Sorry, if this is a newbie question, I just can't find more information anywhere. For reference I can find drivers from their site here but they are not up to the same number as nvidia official drivers and when i click the instructions tab there is nothing for me to use as a guide.

Solution
Okay so my one problem is that whenever I try to install Nvidia driver besides the ones given to me by colorful I get a Code 43 error which makes the driver stop. Is this normal? Is there a known workaround?

Are you trying to install over the current drivers (ie update) or are you removing current drivers first??

If the former I would try and do a complete clean install.

Download ddu

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Select nvidia drivers in the dropdown box then click the clean and restart option.

Wait for it to reboot and then try the driver install again.

Which gpu model is it exactly?

freeprince

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
It's not a knock off card.

Colorful/igame are a legitimate asian manufacturer.

Its just their cards are not well known or widely available in the Western hemisphere.

You should install the latest nvidia driver package directly from nvidia.
Thanks for your respone. I have heard good and bad things about the brand, but also some legitimate reviews by reputable companies. I will update the driver again with Nvidia and see where it goes.

Last edited:
Okay so my one problem is that whenever I try to install Nvidia driver besides the ones given to me by colorful I get a Code 43 error which makes the driver stop. Is this normal? Is there a known workaround?

Are you trying to install over the current drivers (ie update) or are you removing current drivers first??

Download ddu

Select nvidia drivers in the dropdown box then click the clean and restart option.

Solution

freeprince

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011

Download ddu

Yeah so i tried it from safe mode and i was able to uninstall a lot but still couldn't get the latest WHQL driver to install, i was, however, able to reinstall the driver I had successfully working before from the disk. When I finish installing a newer driver it says that it cannot detect any Nvidia display adapter connected to the monitor or something along those lines.

freeprince

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
welp thanks for all your help, Matt. Your solutions were all legitimate and i found out that my card was a fake according to online sources, which is why I can't download the newer drivers.

Last edited: