Chinese Report: Google to Walk Out on April 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

hennnry

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Buy Baidu stocks, and if google leaves China, very few Chinese will miss it anyway.

Most Chinese poeple, even though living in America, uses Baidu already.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]hennnry[/nom]Most Chinese poeple, even though living in America, uses Baidu already.[/citation]
But Google still ranks as the most used search engine worldwide and Baidu market share doesn't even figure in at 6.5% of market share.
Seeing as their are soooooo many Chinese people in the world and supposedly use Baidu for no other reason than it is a Chinese company shouldn't it's global share be higher anyway?

G

[citation][nom]hennnry[/nom]Buy Baidu stocks, and if google leaves China, very few Chinese will miss it anyway.Most Chinese poeple, even though living in America, uses Baidu already.[/citation]
Does they uses it?

yiplong

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
[citation][nom]hennnry[/nom]Most Chinese poeple, even though living in America, uses Baidu already.[/citation]

What cave do you live in? Virtually nobody uses Baidu outside of China, at least not for web search. Baidu's search engine is far, far inferior to Google, and to almost every major US search engines. Baidu has some tricks in its bag when it comes to Chinese searches, but not too many Chinese Americans conduct their online searches in Chinese.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
The pullout is as expected. You cannot go head to head with China. You need to play smart.

So we lost round 1. Let's see what happen in round 2.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
i keep wondering how bad was the hacking attack on google for them to react like this .... something is going on that we don't know about.

gwellin

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
Didn't I read a few months ago that google.cn generates over $1 billion in revenue. I would be really shocked if google is willing to write this off. How does the saying go about cutting your nose of dispite your face. They wont pull out.

josh jones

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
google.com anyone:) I don't think google has too much to worry about.
before google.cn (restricted and useless) chinese used workarounds to access google.com (unrestricted and usefull). although, the dumb chinese are stuck with the worthless baidu serch.

finally:)
China is like a product regurgitating box. Ideas and money go in and products come out. Products are all that come out of china. I would love to see the global economy balance out, but that would only happen in a world where everybody actually cares about balance.

G

Bruce lee is crazy. Jackie chan is crazy. Jet li is crazy. Ho chin mihn is crazy. China is Just crazy. :)

karenskym

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
[citation][nom]hollowtek[/nom]Bruce lee is crazy. Jackie chan is crazy. Jet li is crazy. Ho chin mihn is crazy. China is Just crazy.[/citation]

What does Hochi Mihn have to do with China?

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
good. eff china. all american companies should shun china if for no other reason their human rights \/iolations. same reason i won't buy foxconn or crApple products

G

machop: 5 years from now, people look back, saying "what's a big fuss about this?"

Actually, with China owning most of the U.S., I rewrote your tag in anticipation of the probable future:
5 years from now, people look back, saying "这正是这个上大做文章"

Kaiser_25

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
Meh i have mixed feeling i think google is one of the few things that the rural chinese has to get somewhat real outside info, if they lose that i feel they have no chance at individuality, they will fall even further into the govts plans...but on the other hand...screw them we cant baby sit them if their people dont fight for what they want then we shouldnt fight for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.