Chip Inventories Rise Again in Q2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel needs to drop some new processors. Maybe nail the coffin shut on 1366 with a final smokin' release. I would also like to see some more sandy bridge k-series. These have been so widely accepted, it's already very unexciting. Give me a 5ghz i3 please... for cheap. It's gonna feel like ages until we see Ivy Bridge, unless you want one in a server / high-end workstation.

So will that mean lower prices for us?

Probably not: speculation only works when theirs a shortage in supply.

Look a petroleum products. When their too much nothing happens, as soon as theirs a little bit less production, prices goes up.

That's capitalism for ya!!

jdamon113

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Apple should just shut the door on sumsung and buit its own.
The technolgy in the US is thriving, one good spot for thie dropping economy....

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]jdamon113[/nom]Apple should just shut the door on sumsung and buit its own.The technolgy in the US is thriving, one good spot for thie dropping economy....[/citation]
They can't. Apple just doesn't have enough resources to push Samsung out of their way. Even if Apple did, they would outsource their jobs outside of US anyways. If you had any idea why economy is doing bad, what you suggested would make it worse.

illfindu

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
I think its pretty likely this trend might go on for a little bit the Intel fan club has just recently got there sandy bridge's at least most of them. And many AMD fan boys ( me included ) Waiting for BD there really isn't a massively compelling reason to buy a CPU right now. most people likely just got a SB , are waiting for the LGA2011 or BD.

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
^ most people have no idea what SB or BD even means, enthusiasts don't make up much of the market. Rather, enthusiasts make up the part of the market that will continue buying, recession or not, as long as new stuff comes out.

illfindu

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
I don't agree I think most people who are able to replace there CPU know what sandy bridge is if you talk to 10 people who own a personal desktop i bet 9 of them wouldn't even know how to take off the stock fan. And I know there is going to be a million people saying all there friends can do it but toms readers are in general more likely to be knowledgeable in tech and have friends and family who are also if you asked most people on the street very very few would buy a boxed cpu because they wouldn't know how to install it. You'r claim is that most people don't know what SB is that would mean that most people go and buy a new CPU for there mother board knowing the right socket uninstall the old one and install the new one most people who have that much base knowledge at least know what there buying. Its like saying people who buy and replace there own engines don't know what a transmission is.

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
thus sony, apple, acer, etc are responsible for which chips are bought and the general public are responsible for how many.
The general public prefer to wait till after a recession b4 buying new comps creating a shortage in demand.
regardless, those who know their stuff don't make up much of the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS