[SOLVED] Chipped off smd resistor while cpu installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarun jain

Honorable
Dec 26, 2014
I recently purchased b550 asus mobo . While installing the cpu heatsink , i chipped off an smd resistor ( most Probably ) which had no numbers written on it . Im worried if that will cause any major issue or not?
Another problem is that my gpu will take some few more days to come to me .so can't probably know if the system is working or not? An image for the reference
https://ibb.co/Lng5x7c

Solution
So that means i should get it replaced

That the only solution, unless you can find someone to fix it.

It can be fixed with a resistor having the same value, due to its small size, the soldering process requires a magnifying glass and special solder tip, and most of all, someone who is familiar with this type of repair (a mobile phone repairman should be OK for the job).
So that means i should get it replaced

It can be fixed with a resistor having the same value, due to its small size, the soldering process requires a magnifying glass and special solder tip, and most of all, someone who is familiar with this type of repair (a mobile phone repairman should be OK for the job).

Solution

Tarun jain

Honorable
Dec 26, 2014

Wouldn't this void the warranty of my product ?

Status
Not open for further replies.