Question Chipsets&drivers with fresh Intel&Amd builds?

BunnyKraken

Commendable
Dec 17, 2020
Hi, novice question but I just built and older Intel 6600K/Z-170A with win10 and a new Ryzen 5700x with Asus TUF gaming wifi plus II with win11.

My question is should I download Intel and AMD chipsets for both machines, or are the ones that come with windows 10 and 11 enough for both machines ? If I should download them is it better to download them straight from Intel and AMD sites ot use the older ones from motherboard site even if they are like from 2018 with the old Intel build or about 8 months old with the Asus AMD build. Would these improve stability and overall performance or could they add some problems also ?

Secondly should I install audio and lan and vga drivers also from motherboard site ?

BunnyKraken

Commendable
Dec 17, 2020
You manually download the drivers from the motherboard's support site, then install them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Thanks im just little lost if its better to install the chipset/lan/audio drivers from motherboard site. Seems like the AMD chipset for asus is 8 months old by now wouldnt the windows have newer version by now with win11? Also should I download them from AMD straight. How about the 5 year old Intel chipset, does it even matter anymore at this point.

I asume LAN drivers and Audio drivers is a good thing to download the latest from motherboard site?