Choose Games for World Cyber Games 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I wouldn't even consider most of those categories worth having a competition for. Fighting, casual, sports, MMORPG, etc are not what 'real gamers' play. I guess to each their own and if people enjoy those games, power to them. I just can't see those being particularly entertaining to watch or very competitive. I'm interested in the FPS and RTS genres. I wish they had COD4 as a choice, its still my favorite FPS. Nice to see the new Quake Live making an appearance there. As for RTS, I voted for SC2.

@zerapio,
There is a link to the survey. I filled it out.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
How do they judge a MMORPG tournament? I mean, if it's group-based they can have arena matches or raid progression, but single player? The person who grinds the more gold wins? The first to bring back Hogger's claw?

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
You're right gmoney opinions do differ. I think there's just as much competition in racing, sports, and fighting games as fps games. I really don't see how anybody could say otherwise (even if they don't like those type of games).

Now the mmo I find that to be a little difficult. Arena matches are the only thing I could see.

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
[citation][nom]jfby[/nom]I know I sound like a fan boy, but why no GT5?[/citation]
Comes out wednesday?
Why no jump n bump? If you have no idea what this game is, you should really check it out.

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]@zerapio,There is a link to the survey. I filled it out.[/citation]
Thx, I didn't it at the bottom the first time.

Krnt

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
[citation][nom]jfby[/nom]I know I sound like a fan boy, but why no GT5?[/citation]
They gave you an option to post games that are not on the list, so you could try, though AFAIK they normally like to use X-BOX and no PS3, I'm not sure.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]jomofro39[/nom]Comes out wednesday?Why no jump n bump? If you have no idea what this game is, you should really check it out.[/citation]
seems wierd not to include one of the best driving series of all time even if it hasnt come out yet but i see marvel vs capcom 3 and thats a ways a way from being released.

nutriment6464

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
LOL NO BLACK OPS, only games that require skills ffs

CSS/1.6 (one or another idc)
SC AND SC2 (so next year we can fully go transition into sc2)
old school wc3
Carom 3d
mario kart haha
HoN

Status
Not open for further replies.