Choosing a silent case

Oblivious_God

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
I am starting my second build after having my first one for around 2 years. I already feel like I know which components I am going to use however I am really struggling to decide on a case that I hope will have a good airflow and is pretty silent. I understand that most people will advise you to get a Fractal design define r4, r5 or S. But I don't really like the looks of them, they just seem a bit bland. I do however like the look of NZXT's h440, it just seems so cool and stylish imo (probably white/black). Although some people say it has awful airflow, and some say the airflow isn't that bad. If you have any suggestions that you feel I might like, then please suggest them, although I am not wanting to spend too much on a case (preferably just over £100 or lower but I will compromise). This is the specs that I am thinking of using, however if you think I should change any then please tell me as I am not that experienced XD. But yeah, thanks in advance for any replies. :D

Specs:
Intel core i5 6600k 3.5 GHz
Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM liquid cooler
Asus sabretooth z170 S ATX LGA1151
Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB x2
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM x2
MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB
XFX 650W 80+ Semi modular PSU
Case - ????

I am planning to use the same PSU as the one I have atm, although I am beginning to think that it is a source of a lot of the noise. My current case is the NZXT phantom 240. Again, if you think that i should change some things, then please say so. Thanks in advance :D Sorry I forgot to include this but I am mainly going to be using it for gaming if that changes anything XD.

Wouldn't go for the sabertooth. Has a weak memory controller and is often Rama'd for issues.
For that price there are way better alternatives, like the Asus Pro Gaming or the Gigabyte UD5/UD3/Gaming 3

For the case take a look BeQuiet's silent base models if you don't like the Fractal Designs.

Oblivious_God

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014

Alright cheers for the quick reply :D I'll have a look
Is something like this a bit better, and a lot cheaper supposedly: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/Q9Gj4D/asus-motherboard-z170a

I have had a look at some of the bequiet!'s silent base models, and am wondering if there is a winner between the base 600 and the base 800? Is one better than the other in terms of silence and airflow? Thanks either way because I am glad you suggested this series of cases as they are both nice. Although they say the 800 is a lot bigger than the 600, but it is still classed as a mid tower and goes for about the same price so wouldn't the 800 be the more obvious choice? If you don't have an opinion on this it's fine, thanks so far XD Finally, for anyone to answer is the PSU going to be ok, or should I switch it? It is fine either way :D