Choosing between Asus and ASRock z170 MB Gamer Advice needed

Robert_7

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2015
OK Building my newish pc,
I have decided on a I7 6700k, 16gb of DDR4 Ram, Noctua CPU cooler, Gigabyte gtx 970 G1
The last thing up is the Mother of all boards : ))

I'm primarily a gamer, I play mostly 1080 res, I like to think I can go to a 4k monitor in the next year when I get a new VC and Monitor but its less important right this second.

I may overclock but I probably wont until the CPU and MB are near the end of their useful life about a year before the next upgrade.. 4ghz I7 seem plenty fast to me right now.

So here are my choices, anyone want to help me narrow it down with me please do.. Please give details as to why this, that or even another would suit me better thanks!

I'm favouring ASROCK right this second but I have only ever bought ASUS mb and I love love love its software..

ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ LGA 1151 (Strongly Favoring this one due to 3 Ultra M2 sockets for future upgrades)

ASRock Z170 Extreme6 LGA 1151
ASRock Z170 Gaming K6 LGA

ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING LGA 1151
ASUS MAX. VIII HERO

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
I almost went with the Pro Gaming, but decided to to stick with the Hero, finally got my Trident Z DRAM so will be playing with that Sunday, have run a number of GPU on it (290X, 780 (and SLI), 780TI, and 980 both single and SLI and played with a few Heat sinks thus far, it's taken everything easily ;)