Choosing new gaming headset (2018)

May 28, 2018
Hi,

so time comes to renew gaming headset (which is now old TurtleBeach Z60). And man there is a lots of them... so this pain of selecting "the best"...
For this moment, looking through a list of reviews and so on, and also considering some of limitations on products (ones which are available locally), I came up with this list of my current view:
- Logitec 933 Artemis - 180 Eur
- Steel series Arctis 7 - 155 Eur
- CORSAIR VOID PRO - 129 Eur
- TURTLE BEACH EAR FORCE STEALTH 450 - 110 Eur
- HyperX Cloud II - 105 Eur
- Sennheiser GSP300 - 80 Eur

And I am now thinking - do I, as a casual gamer, need this more expensive stuff, or I am good with quality of simple Sennheisers? Are Artemis/Arctis really that better to put extra 100 Eur on top? Yes, it is wireless, but still, does this worth it in other aspects apart beeing wireless. Maybe some owners of these options could make some feedback on main pros/cons?

From what I need by priority:
- Suitable for big ears is first :) my z60 hurt my ears after 30 minutes :)
- sound quality
- then Comfort
- mic - last

Anyhow confused right now and would seek for ideas/advice how to make up my mind :)
Thanks!

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
I'll go to the low end. this is what I use, I'm a big guy and they are comfy, sound amazing, and the mic OMG the mic.
Xiberia E1
https://www.amazon.com/XIBERIA-E1-Microphone-Headphones-Canceling/dp/B01FXD3BTK?th=1

I was playing PUBG with a squad and my wife sneezed in the other end of the house, my squad commented on the sneeze.
and this was after I had turned down the mic sensitivity so it would not pickup what the speakers played.